Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

survival weapons and mounting

Discussion on how to enjoy the outdoors.

by Bacnbit » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 pm

As for mounting this may sound weird but I know that my 12gauge and 30/30 will fit in an RV sewer tube. I mounted one in my Safari van, they come with Brackets and end caps, most the time just slid them in while cased. Still Have the tube but never looked at mounting it someplace on or in the TB.
Bacnbit

Name: Dean
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Glasscaster » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Harvey,in this political climate your situation sucks... If you decide to transport yourself I would at least pull the bolt/slide off of everything. Disassemble all mags also. If you do ship them only ship the receiver/frame of anything restricted, and restricted mag bodies. Good luck and safe travels!
Glasscaster
Cruiser

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370

by Baby_Blue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 pm

In a survival situation you should always have a caliber thats easy to find a 12 gauge or a 22 are probably one of your best bets.... A 22 will drop a deer were it stands if you put one below its ear and you can carry a ton of ammo.. You gotta have a good knife too
2007 Trailblazer ls- stock except for 245/70r17 Cooper ST
Baby_Blue

Name: James
Vehicle Year: 2007

by navigator » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:19 am

.22 seems to be the hardest ammo for me to find lately.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by DirtyBacon04 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 am

Several years ago I was researching how to mail firearms w/o going through an FFL.
UPS rules (4 years ago) was that one package cannot contain the parts to assemble a fully functioning weapon. That way it's considered mailing parts. So if it's an AR, I'd put the upper reciever in one box, the lower in another, then disassemble the bolt housing group and spread the parts between the two boxes. I know it takes a bit more time and postage but hey, it's legal.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Baby_Blue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:56 am

navigator wrote:.22 seems to be the hardest ammo for me to find lately.

The last couple months have been tough but they seem to be coming back around me.
2007 Trailblazer ls- stock except for 245/70r17 Cooper ST
Baby_Blue

Name: James

by v7guy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:49 pm

harvyne wrote:Absolutely. Transporting through said states with firearms that do not meet thier laws( high capacity mags,short barrels, colapsable stocks. Etc,) can and will lead to imprisonment,fines and felony status. The problem for me is i have to pass through states like MA, MD, RI, NY, CT, DC,PA. To name a few before i get to the more friendly southern states. Im bettin that a couple like MA. and CT. will probably forbid my passing through period without me meeting the set carry standards for said states.

The only real obstacle is getting through NY, it effectively blocks off any state NE of it, I think you have some good suggestions here, if you make sure you don't have the parts in your vehicle to assemble something that they consider an assault weapon you should be fine. Strip down the receivers and either put the separate parts in two different cars, or ship the receivers. I'd opt for shipping the receivers since you're going to have to ship the normal magazines to stay within the law.

After you get past NY you can avoid the couple places that might have a problem with what is legal virtually everywhere in this country. You might have to drive around it and waste a few hours, but so be it.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

by mfswaswa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I make custom mounts for weapons. Best one is the center console quick draw mount. As far as rifle mounts I would suggest a Molle rig system on the back gate that "hides away" a weapon from view. When you raise the gate it will be above your head and ready to rock and roll.
mfswaswa

by Glasscaster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Got any pics of your mounts? I like the tailgate idea.
Glasscaster
Cruiser

Vehicle: Other GMT360/370

by lifted voy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:36 am

Here's my little setup. It's called the "pistol pocket" made by Armageddon Gear. It's adhesive backed Velcro which I stuck to the car then the actual pocket obviously sticks to that. Awesome quality and American made.
20160417_220910.jpg
Fits my Ruger SR40C nicely
"If only I had checked myself" - guy who wrecked himself
lifted voy
Cruiser

Name: Brad
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by galio839 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:37 pm

This is a pretty old thread, but if "lifted voy" is still around: doesn't it bother you while you're driving? I don't think that's a great location for a pistol
galio839
Cruiser

Name: George Smith
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by lifted voy » Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm still around. It doesn't bother me at all and for me being a lefty it was the best place that I felt most comfortable drawing it from. I obviously don't leave my pistol unattended there though.
"If only I had checked myself" - guy who wrecked himself
lifted voy
Cruiser

Name: Brad
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by galio839 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:01 am

Got it! Well that's great if it works for you. Keep up the good work, mate, and hopefully you'll post some more pics :)
galio839
Cruiser

Name: George Smith
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

Previous

Return to Camping / Survival