Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed trip: Prescott to Jerome, Arizona

Trips/trails in the western part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Mountain Time Zone).
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by KE7WOX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Prescott-Chino Valley : SR-89N 15 miles or so
Chino Valley - "T Junction": E Perkinsville Rd, 23 miles (about 3-4 on pavement)
"T Junction" - Jerome : Jerome-Perkinsville Rd, 16 miles (1 on pavement)
I knew about the existence of this route since May, but it was on hold because none of my friends were here and I didn't feel like venturing alone. I had already traveled all the way to the T Junction but never went farther than 2 miles on each direction.

Last Saturday me and my roommate went to Sedona (with a university club) and drove by Jerome on the way there (we only took the paved roads, our vehicle was a school owned E-350), and I told him that we should take the dirt road sometime.

Next weekend there will be a rally in the region and we volunteered to help, so on Sunday we went to check out the places where he is assigned to, look for a camping spot (we will be camping there) and check out the road for him (he's taking his Cadillac STS) up the road.

The original plan did not include going to Jerome, but after we had a rough idea of where the spots were we turned around, and Evan (my roommate) suggested going to Jerome for lunch. I had doubts about the road, but it will be used in the rally, so that told me it wasn't that bad.

The T Junction is the junction between E Perkinsville Rd and Jerome-Perkinsville Rd (FSR354 and FR318)

You don't really need anything more than stock height, good tires and some knowledge on offroad driving (you can't do 55 on the last stretch of road before reaching Jerome and then survive).

I'll post maps later
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by teebes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm going to be heading that direction in a few weeks on a week long adventure and would love to hear about any more trails you'd recommend.

Oh, and you win the award for the best first post thus far :cheers: :friday:

Welcome aboard :woot:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by KE7WOX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

The only places I know are in Yavapai County, so if you will be around here, there's a lot of trails you can go to.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by The Roadie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:27 pm

I have friends in Chino Valley, so I get there a couple of times a year. Did that exact route around Thanksgiving, then went on to Sedona and did Broken Arrow trail and some others. Definitely need to coordinate something. Welcome! Are you in Prescott? Know Scott Brady and the ExPo crew?
Attachments
1.jpg
(145.88 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Yes, I'm from Prescott, but no, I don't know Scott and the ExPo crew.

We should definitely coordinate something.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Return to Western U.S.