Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: Cedar Glade / Puntenney Run 10/15/2010

Trips/trails in the western part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Mountain Time Zone).
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by KE7WOX » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:05 am

So last weekend was our fall break, having nothing to in here, I went to explore some roads.

This road is FR-573, north of Paulden and slightly south of Hell Canyon
My interest for this particular road started in February, when I started looking around for the remains of the ghost towns of Cedar Glade and Puntenney, in specific the limestone kiln. I never found it on the east side of Highway 89, and never made it this far on the west side as the road was in terrible shape and I was running at stock height back then.

Armed with more information, I went there that weekend to find it, and I did. Then I went back on Saturday to travel further up that road with Evan, as we would have 2 trucks, a camera guy, a spotter if needed, etc.

We turned around because Evan's truck is not in the best shape right now and he was the one worried about the road getting worse than this, but we do plan on coming back at a later time to travel farther down the road
Last edited by teebes on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed. missing url tags...
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by teebes » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:56 am

Looks like a fun adventure! Good job with the pics!
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by KE7WOX » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:35 pm

It was, we enjoyed this one. As far as the pics go, we often carry a friend who takes them and sometimes he'll walk ahead of us and take them, which is really nice, way better than having 3 stationary pictures
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G

by TangoBravo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Looks like a nice place to do some exploring. Nice pics too
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

Return to Western U.S.