Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Bundy hill trip two

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by cpyonker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm

On August 12 we took another wheeling trip too bundy hill. It was this time that we got our first trail breakage and we also got high-centered 3 times. :flex dirty:
This was right before we left after checking all our fluids and mounting the flag.Image
Our first time getting high centered while on a green trail near mild to wild.
Broke the number cover bracket going through a thick mud hole this was our elegant solution.

Now here is where things got bad. We got over confident and broke our rule of walking down the trail a little ways before entering.
So we had just went up chicken hill and saw the entrance to whispering woods. Now seeing it was a green trail we thought how hard can it be and turned right down the hill into it. After rains a couple weeks ago it was all dry ruts. After getting high centered on a rut. There was a misunderstanding on the how steep the crest of the hill was exiting whispering ridge. In the end we drove up the hill and got really badly high centered. The front was off the ground a good 5 inches at the front. And here's the back the picture doesn't do it justice.Image
The suspension is fully aired out here.
In the end with using the spare tire as traction for the front we were able to back down the hill.
After that while turning around we backed into a tree and dented the tailgate and broke the back glass.Image
IronicImage
The aftermath
Next to my aunts encore which she called filthy :lol:

On a plus note the trailblazer still performed very well and many people commented at seeing it there.

But wait there's more after replacing the window and doing a deep cleaning less than 7 days later me and my dad were on the road again following my mom to a rental home with extended family.
Now on the way we fried the ac clutch because of mud caked inside. And after our final rest stop on the side of the road I go to start it up. I turn the key and turn around when I realize there's no power steering. Since the ac clutch had seized up when we had started it it broke the serpentine belt. We went about 2 minutes Down the road and she overheated.
On a plus note when we were replacing the belt at the home since we had no tools we couldn't replace the ac. So we purchased a shorter belt to bypass the ac compressor and were pleasantly surprised. 22 mpg on the highway on the way home :woot:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by ErikSS » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Nice write up! I hope you had fun!
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by cpyonker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:12 pm

ErikSS wrote:Nice write up! I hope you had fun!

Definitely was fun

cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

by cpyonker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

ErikSS wrote:Nice write up! I hope you had fun!

Definitely was fun

cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 am

Dang that sucks about the back window! Looked like a ton of fun though. I always keep my ball hitch on my trailblazer because it always saves my rear end :lol: . Have gotten rear ended twice and backed into a telephone pole at sunday river and the most damage I've done is pinch a remote wire for my sub amplifier and destroyed the other persons front bumper. Definitely doesn't help with rear approach angle though lol.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by cpyonker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Yeah we will probably leave it on once it is lifted but it hurts our approach angle too much

cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Return to Eastern U.S.