Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed: Trolls Spring Run!!!

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Cable810 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 am

What an adventure we had!! With all of the warm weather we had didn't help all that much with melting the snow off the trails. It was a long day of wheeling. We held a drivers meeting explaining the route and then we departed at 9:30am after airing down. About 100yards into the trail I realized my 4wheel drive isn't working so I was tugged out and drove back and hitched a ride with another member. Later after getting home I realized my disco is completely shot. The trails were packed down pretty good thanks to the snowmobilers but it was still soft enough that we broke through the snow. There was a lot of tugging each other out of the snow and good water crossing. We were joined by another person that heard about our ride from a flyer that we had up in different places. The guy that showed up turned out to be an acquaintance of mine. He has just bought a winch before the trip and needless to say he got to break it in twice today

The route we ran was the same one that we did after our Trail Maintenance last May.

Pictures are in order from the start to finish of the trail. For the sake of copy and pasting the Images here is a slide show. I've yet to upload each individual videos but I made a compilation.

http://s949.photobucket.com/user/Cable8 ... 20Run%2014

Last edited by Cable810 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by bartonmd » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:50 am

Looks like a good time! Sucks about your 4WD, though!

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Cable810 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Its always a good time with the Trolls!! Yeah it does. Sucks even more that I'm not working right now and don't have the $$ to get it fixed....
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Eastern U.S.