Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed: Revisit to Drummond With my Club

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Cable810 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

http://nmtrolls.webs.com We took the same trails I took back in July read about it here--> viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4474

Yellow is the route we took.

Trails looked the same as last time but the fact that Drummond had seen LOTS of rain the weeks leading up to September 21st so the trails were wet, muddy and the water was DEEP. You'll see in some videos. I got the pull a jeep out again in the Exact same spot that my Uncle got stuck at and at another spot. The bypass around the Dipstick hole as its called was filled with water and back in July she was empty. Brent(the VP of our club) said that the DNR came back and drilled 20ft down Dipstick hole and it was all clay never hit anything solid. He continued to say that the DNR is going to lay bedrock and cover it with mud and such once the bypass hole gets worse. Then once the bypass hole goes bad they'll do the same to it. The tree that put the lovely pin strip down the side of my TB was still there but someone had moved it. We ran into a couple of jeeps heading towards up thankfully they were able to go around us otherwise we would have been backing up for quite some time. We stopped at Shale beach for lunch and were joined by a group of hummers about 10 minutes after reaching Shale Beach. After we had lunch we headed for Marble Head Steps as people call them which this time I got to descend and climb :excited: Once we descended the Marble Head steps Brent showed us a way to get to the bottom of Marble Head(the Actual Rock face). Once at Marblehead some Jeeper was camping at the top of Marblehead. It was really cool to see Marble head from the ground up. After we were done with Marble Head we headed back for camp. This time we took a different trail back, and lets say it was WAY better than backtracking like my Uncle and I did back in July. The trail literally dumped into a smooth gravel road till we met pavement. The trail leading to that road was rocky with few mud/water holes per say. We camped in the same place as I did back in July. If anyone goes up there and camps I really recommend Trailhead Campground. It was a cold night in a tent to say the least, it probably dropped into the 30s that night. Aero bed, sleeping bag, blanked, and another blanket wasn't enough. I awoke in the night and had to put a hoodie and socks on to stay warm lol.

Day #2 followed after breakfast and our club meeting discussing PR and the Color Tour. Once done with the meeting we headed out and did the same trail my uncle and I did back in July. But this time we ran the trail the opposite way. Once we got to the rocks that I went over and dented my door I had to turn around cause 4lo wasn't working and I didn't feel like attempting to crawl over them in 4hi. So I just headed back to camp. Turned out once they got to the hill they too turend around cause they couldn't climb it and were pressed for time cause we wanted to catch the 4:40pm ferry.

I did break at bolt that Cross Tube on the thing runs across the frame and under the gas tank. http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad33 ... cbc951.jpg I also messed something else up cause now I'm getting a right indicator hyper flash when I'm breaking and it lights to light up when breaking in general. Also the shift indicator isn't working. Doesn't highlight P,N,D,3 or 1 but highlights R, and 2. Funny thing is it works if the vehicle has sat for more than 8 hours and once it gets warm it disappears. Has to be a short somewhere. I'll get a troubleshooting thread up.

Pictures are from day #1 never took any pictures on day #2 Videos will be soon!

The tree that pin striped me

Not the best pictures but this is Shale Beach

The Hummers

Parking at Shale Beach

Marble Head

The Beach at the bottom of Marble Head

Random stuff at Marble head

Last edited by Cable810 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by RyansTBLS » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Looks like fun! :flex dirty: I'd say shale beach is aptly named :finger:
The problem with the Trailblazer is, people think you know what you're doing.
RyansTBLS
Addict

Name: Ryan
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Cable810 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Yep Lots of FLAT rocks you could never run out of skipping stones that's for sure!!
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

by Cable810 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:26 pm

The Videos!

First Trailblazer to EVER Descend and Climb Marble Head Steps

My Build
Cable810
Veteran

by Cable810 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:22 pm

This is the exact same hole as above back in July. You can see the huge amount of water that collected in 2 months.

I still have one more video I need to get my hands on.

Our Clubs Channel and Site

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzHsy6H6H1fe-8D-3tpPYQ

http://nmtrolls.webs.com
Cable810
Veteran

Return to Eastern U.S.