Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: Thanksgiving Run

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by dvanbramer88 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Saturday 11/24/12

Penn/Jersey ORTB members
Bricktucky 4x4

V7Guy
Moots
Mooseknuckle
Mr.SmithsTB
Gordinho80
Sputnik312
Anyone that can make it to Lacey Township NJ on 11/24 is welcome!

Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1918054 ... ext=create

Moots, V7guy, Sputnik312, friend me on FB and I will invite you to the trip. https://www.facebook.com/dave.vanbramer.5

Tools and recovery equipment is a plus, but there will be plenty out there amongst the group, CB RADIO is a must.
Josh has a couple handheld CB's for loaners

A shovel and a tire repair kit should be "required"
Straps and hi-lift is optional, as there will be plenty out there anyway.
Front and rear recovery points a plus.
Pack a lunch.
Be prepared for mud and water.
-wear appropriate shoes
-Have plenty of windshield washer fluid ;)
Bring your camera!
Bring your tools and spare parts if you have any. They can't hurt, but you probably won't need em. Terrain is pretty mild (my stock pickup can do it) But there is plenty of "optional" technical terrain to play on.
Last edited by dvanbramer88 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Moots1288 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't have fb ad v7guy doesn't either
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by dvanbramer88 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm

744 Lacey Road
Forked River, NJ 08731
(609) 693-6941

This Wawa is the probable meeting place. Right down the street from the location.
I already got definates from a few of the "Bricktucky" crew and I'm pretty sure Moots is going. Plus Myself and Josh.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by v7guy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 am

I'm interested, but I've got early evening plans back here in NY. If we could meet up at the wawa by 0800 at the latest I wouldn't be upset about leaving at 15-1600. Might even bring the misses along.

Need sliders?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Opeth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 am

Wish I could make it, just a little too strapped for cash while I switch careers over the next 3.5 months going through training. Have to take a damn $400/ month payroll cut, which is half of my monthly play money.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 am

v7guy wrote:I'm interested, but I've got early evening plans back here in NY. If we could meet up at the wawa by 0800 at the latest I wouldn't be upset about leaving at 15-1600. Might even bring the misses along.

Need sliders?

No sliders needed, and even skids are optional. My stock pickup has ran there before. And Josh's truck has been there several times before he got skids. It is softer sand and mud mostly. And nothing hard is required. It is wide open "channels" through the woods. This place is huge and wide open. You can just ride around in the mud if you wanted to, but there is still plenty of hills and terrain to play on as well. I've only been there at night myself. It'll be cool to finally see just how massive this place is for me at least.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by Cody_S » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 am

Wish I lived closer, I would totally join.
Cody_S
Trail-Blazer

Name: Cody

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 am

Opeth wrote:Wish I could make it, just a little too strapped for cash while I switch careers over the next 3.5 months going through training. Have to take a damn $400/ month payroll cut, which is half of my monthly play money.

That's hard man. Too bad you can't make it.

Cody_S wrote:Wish I lived closer, I would totally join.

It would be nice to have you come up, but that would be one hell of a day trip, lol.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by Sputnik312 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey Dave thanks for the invite man- unfortunately I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Monday next week so ill have to see how quickly I recover in order to determine if I'm up for going. It sounds like fun time I have been to the area a couple times over the summer and I really want to meet some members from the site. It looks like ill just have to play it by day and let you guys know
"shotgun toter, republican voter, Hank Junior supporter, lets protect our border"
Sputnik312
Off-Roader

Name: Chris

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Sputnik312 wrote:Hey Dave thanks for the invite man- unfortunately I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Monday next week so ill have to see how quickly I recover in order to determine if I'm up for going. It sounds like fun time I have been to the area a couple times over the summer and I really want to meet some members from the site. It looks like ill just have to play it by day and let you guys know

How are you getting them out? I got my top 2 pulled and i was fine that day. My bottom 2 needed surgery to remove i was hurting for a while.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm

This is the list as it stands today

Going:
Mooseknuckle
v7guy and misses
Moots1288
Myself
Saltwaterdrinker
a handfull of "Bricktucky 4x4" and other non-ORTB members

Maybe:
Gordinho80
MrSmithsTB
Sputnik312
another handful of non-ORTB members

Truck count: mid teens up to 20 trucks.
Stock and lifted XJ's, Lifted Toyotas, Stock pickups, a lifted F250, a bronco, and lifted GMT360's!
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by Sputnik312 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:
Sputnik312 wrote:Hey Dave thanks for the invite man- unfortunately I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Monday next week so ill have to see how quickly I recover in order to determine if I'm up for going. It sounds like fun time I have been to the area a couple times over the summer and I really want to meet some members from the site. It looks like ill just have to play it by day and let you guys know

How are you getting them out? I got my top 2 pulled and i was fine that day. My bottom 2 needed surgery to remove i was hurting for a while.

I'm getting all four of them out haha I had x rays last week and two of them are impacted.... Yay lol
"shotgun toter, republican voter, Hank Junior supporter, lets protect our border"
Sputnik312
Off-Roader

by Sputnik312 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Sputnik312 wrote:
dvanbramer88 wrote:

I'm getting all four of them out haha I had x rays last week and two of them are impacted.... Yay lol hopefully I can be back to normal quick after all the pain killers and stuff lolz
Sputnik312
Off-Roader

by Sputnik312 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Double post sorry
Sputnik312
Off-Roader

by boog2006 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Doesn't that make three? :)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
Boog2006 Build Thread
boog2006
Addict

Name: Brent

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Sputnik312 wrote:
dvanbramer88 wrote:

I'm getting all four of them out haha I had x rays last week and two of them are impacted.... Yay lol

The 2 of mine that needed surgery were impacted. Good luck with that. :lurk:
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by SaltWaterDrinker » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm not going because I don't want to get my truck dirty.

;P
SaltWaterDrinker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Josh
Vehicle Year: 2003

by dvanbramer88 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm

SaltWaterDrinker wrote:I'm not going because I don't want to get my truck dirty.

;P

They ban people for shit like that around here... :angry whip:
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by Rcfiddy1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am

:drool3:
Figures I am just about ready for something like this and I am still working 12hr/7day shifts. Id love to come to this but looks as tho I will have to wait for another time.
Rcfiddy1

Name: Brian K

by dvanbramer88 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Rcfiddy1 wrote::drool3:
Figures I am just about ready for something like this and I am still working 12hr/7day shifts. Id love to come to this but looks as tho I will have to wait for another time.

Bummer dude. Don't worry, we'll get you out eventually. There is a bunch of guys near you.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Next

Return to Eastern U.S.