Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: Look Out Rd, Co Rd 646, and some Loging roads.

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Cable810 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Finally got to hit some trails today. We started at Look Out Rd, and ended up on a whole bunch of different 2tracks which ultimately led us to US-23. We found that Look Out Rd goes into some private property. There was a guy back there and we asked if we were trespassing and he said we were not. Then we preceeded down Co Rd 646 which was a snowmobile trail that has mixed traffic(never passed anyone). Some of the 2tracks I wanted to go down I couldn't due to the 2tracks being well overgrown and with downed trees. We did find a loging road which we followed for a while. Off of that logging road we followed a skidder path which was over grown and stumpy. Trails wern't muddy as I would have liked. I was in 2wd the entire time until the rear tires got stuck in some mud. I brought the camera which it decided to die after the video I had taken.

Video of the Skidder Path

On our way back we were just rollin into town and we saw this : The truck was fliped onto its roof, looked like the truck was coming down the hill on the right and a car hit him broad side. The truck is infront of the Ambulance on the Right.

The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Eastern U.S.