Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: TECORE II - Sept. 18-20

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Trail X » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 am

We need to firm up an itinerary.

From what I remember, we were planning to be in Harrisonburg, at the Sheets at around 1PM.

From there, we will head directly up the mountain to the campsite area. We'll get set and then explore the area a bit.

The next day, we'll plan to make our way over towards the German River area. I still haven't planned out the exact route. We could either go into WV, or slightly retrace our steps and go in from the east.

Looking forward to it guys!!

Gordinho80 wrote:I don't have ability to check SWR

I've got one if any of you guys want to check on Friday.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Dizzlenator » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am

Yea, JD, I would appreciate that. I just want to make sure I don't have the same problem I did in April, where you can hear me from 20 feet away, but at 50 feet you can't. I'll be hard mounting it in the truck, instead of temp mounting like I had before, so hopefully that'll help. I'll end up going to my local big truck stop and picking one up, with a PA speaker, just for fun. CB was a PAIN last time. So, we'll see if I can get it right. If not, I can have someone that knows more than me look at it at camp Friday night.
04 TB LT Jacked Up
My Build Thread
Dizzlenator
Off-Roader

Vehicle Year: Other
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Gordinho80 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 am

Here are the mount pics... forgot to get pics of the radio, but I'll snap some later...

Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by Gordinho80 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Pics of CB and the antenna in place... Shop that sold me the antenna read the SWR just now... 0.5 feed on 1 and 40, radio putting out about 2.5-3... says I should be good, but if no happy with the range, they could open it up and boost it...

Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 am

JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Gotta take myself off for right now. I can make it Saturday morning, But any time Friday is a no go. Can I still come out Saturday? If so, I'll keep myself on...... I can make sure to have a CB to call you guys.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by Trail X » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:07 am

Dude... not cool.

And yes, we can make exceptions to meet on Saturday. At some time we will have to cross from the south mountains to the north mountains, across Rt 33 somewhere. We can plan a rendezvous point along that route. That hinges upon me getting my butt in gear and defining the route.

This goes for everyone coming:

EMAIL ME YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBERS ASAP!!!

jd :@: offroadtb.com

This will be important for rendezvousing and coordinating schedules.

Thanks!
Trail X
Founder

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:12 am

Make sure you have a defined schedule as far as crossing 33! i want to be there! As for Sat, I will leave at whatever time I have to in order to meet at the rendezvous point for Sat. Then I am there for all Sat, camping Sat eve, and whatever is planned for Sun. Just let me know.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:18 am

Unless we can meet in the evening... But I can't leaving until around four and it will take until ten or eleven to get there.. In which case I'll need to build a light bar this week and hope I don't get lost.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by Gordinho80 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 am

Dan, have you sorted out the hotel stay Thursday night? If so, where you staying? I am pretty much right off of Exit 9 on the Turnpike. I'm thinking of heading out of the area at 6AM.

James, heading out at 6AM would put us in Baltimore at 8:30-9AM pending traffic. We can rendezvous with you at a place of your choosing if that would work for you? Looks like we'd be coming down 95 south toward Baltimore...

Bot, take care of what you have to take care of... if you can join us Saturday and James is able to work something out as far as a rendezvous point/time, cool beans. I know that in April, there were some who arrived at the camp site late at night, but its not exactly the safest route for anyone not familiar with the area who is riding solo. Appropriate lighting, maps, and a CB would be a must...

All I have to do is wake up 3 more times and I'll be driving to TECORE II!!!!! :drive:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by bobbyblaze » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 am

Gordinho80 wrote:Dan, have you sorted out the hotel stay Thursday night? If so, where you staying? I am pretty much right off of Exit 9 on the Turnpike. I'm thinking of heading out of the area at 6AM.

James, heading out at 6AM would put us in Baltimore at 8:30-9AM pending traffic. We can rendezvous with you at a place of your choosing if that would work for you? Looks like we'd be coming down 95 south toward Baltimore...

Bot, take care of what you have to take care of... if you can join us Saturday and James is able to work something out as far as a rendezvous point/time, cool beans. I know that in April, there were some who arrived at the camp site late at night, but its not exactly the safest route for anyone not familiar with the area who is riding solo. Appropriate lighting, maps, and a CB would be a must...

All I have to do is wake up 3 more times and I'll be driving to TECORE II!!!!! :drive:

Hey Mario, What bridge are you guys planning to come over ? I will make provisions to meet you on the other side somewhere. :safari:
Time. . .is my greatest enemy.
bobbyblaze
Trail-Blazer

Name: bb
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Gordinho80 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 am

I knew I was forgetting someone... Sorry Bob.

Well, Google is taking us down to the Delaware Memorial Bridge... Its putting us just over the bridge in an hour and a half, so we could meet somewhere on 95 South in Delaware at about 7:30ish?
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by Trail X » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:46 am

Gordinho80 wrote:James, heading out at 6AM would put us in Baltimore at 8:30-9AM pending traffic. We can rendezvous with you at a place of your choosing if that would work for you? Looks like we'd be coming down 95 south toward Baltimore...

I'd recommend hitting B-more at 9. The 8-9 traffic isn't great in general... but should be better on Friday.

You'll take I-95 down to I-695. Take the outer loop of I-695 (west, toward Towson). Circle around the beltway to I-70. Head EAST on I-70. This will be marked "Local traffic". Travel about a mile down I-70, to where it turns into a small parking lot.

GPS coords: 39.301196,-76.710507 (You can insert those coords into google maps, or click here)

Bot, we'll try to identify a meet-point. If you can be at a point on Rt-33 at a certain time Friday night, we can make a night-run down to get you. I just don't want to repeat Friday night last time where we were worried that our late-comers got lost. If we do this, it will have to be at least two of us on the night run to get you, and you will need to have a CB to aid linking up.

Link up point would be at coords: 38.578414,-79.136654 (google map here)
Trail X
Founder

by Gordinho80 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 am

Here is the route.... picking up NJ Turnpike(95) at 6AM would allow us a few minutes to meet up with Bob in Delaware at around 7:30AM and put us at your meeting point at around 9AM, pending traffic. Does that sound good to you?

I already have Bob's, Dan's, and James's cell #'s. I assume that Frank is rolling down with you, Dan? Still, mind setting me up with his # just in case, feel free to give mine as well. Does anyone else need my # if you don't already have it?

2 more Wake Ups! :flex dirty: :camping:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by Trail X » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 am

Ok. Lets follow that overall plan. If you guys are running early or behind, just call my cell.
Trail X
Founder

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 am

Sounds good. I'll be sure to keep you up to date on my happenings.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by Gordinho80 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 pm

DAMN!!!! Battery took a crap... need to acquire a replacement today/tomorrow... posting details in another thread...
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by bobbyblaze » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Gordinho80 wrote:I knew I was forgetting someone... Sorry Bob.

Well, Google is taking us down to the Delaware Memorial Bridge... Its putting us just over the bridge in an hour and a half, so we could meet somewhere on 95 South in Delaware at about 7:30ish?

Sounds good to me. I can meet up with you guys just south of the bridge on I-95. Will call later in the week.
Time. . .is my greatest enemy.
bobbyblaze
Trail-Blazer

Name: bb
Vehicle Year: 2002

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Still up in the air as far as definite times are concerned. I think Friday night is out, though.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by ultravorx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey guys, almost ready for TECORE!!!! Im just trying to put my schedule together and was wondering what time we meet on friday?

I got my new Hellas on, 2 500, and 2 500FF, much brighter than the blazer (walmart specials). It also got a fresh coat of herculiner!! But i also got half on me! :twisted: I stepped into the 1 gallon paint can when i fell off my stool. I covered my leg in herculiner, and dumped 1/2 the gallon on the driveway!! So i only got one coat, but it looks much better!!

Right now im planning on leaving late thursday/early friday, but it all depends on when we need to meet!

Frank
ultravorx

Vehicle: GMC Envoy XUV

by Trail X » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 pm

ultravorx wrote:Right now im planning on leaving late thursday/early friday, but it all depends on when we need to meet!

Welcome Frank!

We'll most likely be getting into Harrisonburg at about noon.

We're planning to leave from Baltimore at about 9. The drive is normally about 2.5 hours from there. So can you be in Harrisonburg at the Sheets on Rt 33 near I-81 at noon? Email me your phone number so we can stay in contact before the trip. My email is jd :@: offroadtb.com.

Link to the Sheetz location: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... 14&iwloc=A

:camping:
Trail X
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Eastern U.S.