Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING/feeler: TECORE VII - Summer 2012 TECORE

Trips/trails in the eastern part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Eastern Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by steveroche » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 pm

A local off road shop goes to Rausch often, EVB is the name of the shop...of course all of them have jeeps but I can talk to the owner of the shop about some good routes for us to take around there as well as places to stay overnight. If we go there, I'm in.
Here is a link to the shop it's a pretty cool place they do a lot of nice builds...http://evb.cc/
steveroche
Addict

Name: Steve Roche
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I know my way through most of it, they do a good job labeling trails for the appropriate level of 'core'. I think we stuck to blues as the max level last time.

They have some big rock gardens that Kyle or Anton might enjoy traversing.

I did hear that they opened a new section since I had been there. Not sure what that one is all about.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by janesy86 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:37 pm

JamesDowning wrote:They have some big rock gardens that Kyle or Anton might enjoy traversing.

I know I'd also be looking forward to the rock gardens, for me personally rock crawling is the best part of off-roading! Especially since that's mostly what we got up in MA/NH.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by dvanbramer88 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 pm

I respectfully vote against rousch creek. I was kind of looking forward to going to the spot in Va. I am done school May 4th. So anytime after that to middle of august.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Outlaw_99 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:22 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I was thinking PA or West Virginia. Still east coast but different

nice!
Black 2002 LTZ - LiftMeister 2.5 with 1.5 Spacers - Reflex Shocks - Rimpainter.com Blackout - Wrangler AT/S 265/70/17
Outlaw_99
Cruiser

Name: J.D.

by SaltWaterDrinker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Doesn't the Off Road park cost something fierce?

Outside of that, I'm down for Pennsylvania...there has to be something nice - the state is too damn big. I'd be down for Virginia, too. From what I understand everyone has frequented that thou...
SaltWaterDrinker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Josh

by bigezzyk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 am

i vote pa maybe we can set something up my club here in pa we are going on a trip for the weekend i can talk to the guys and see if all you guy can come the places we go are free so im shore they will say yes are trip is on may 18-19-20 we go home here is are site http://coalregion4x4.webs.com/apps/foru ... ip-?page=1
bigezzyk
Off-Roader

Name: joe
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by bigezzyk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:57 am

just let me know and i will see if i can set something up
bigezzyk
Off-Roader

Name: joe
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Nakashige » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:14 am

Maybe the NE
Nakashige
Vendor

Name: Ben Caesar

by DirtyBacon04 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Anyone researched GA? I go there alot for dirtbiking, but there's got to be some wicked trails out there.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 pm

TN is awesome
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006

by Trail X » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm

SaltWaterDrinker wrote:Doesn't the Off Road park cost something fierce?

Outside of that, I'm down for Pennsylvania...there has to be something nice - the state is too damn big. I'd be down for Virginia, too. From what I understand everyone has frequented that thou...

I think Rausch was like $50 for a day, but part of that is a 1 year "license" to drive in the park. Subsequent visits are cheaper.
Trail X
Founder

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 pm

JamesDowning wrote:
SaltWaterDrinker wrote:Doesn't the Off Road park cost something fierce?

I think Rausch was like $50 for a day, but part of that is a 1 year "license" to drive in the park. Subsequent visits are cheaper.

It's $35 for the year membership, and $15 a day. So yes $50 for your first day. Every day purchased comes with one night of camping. I personally think it is too much and I don't like the crowds, rules, liability waivers etc that goes along with a business. I am very interested in the coal region trip. I'd rather use public land anyway. It's there for a reason.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by bartonmd » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:
JamesDowning wrote:

It's $35 for the year membership, and $15 a day. So yes $50 for your first day. Every day purchased comes with one night of camping. I personally think it is too much and I don't like the crowds, rules, liability waivers etc that goes along with a business. I am very interested in the coal region trip. I'd rather use public land anyway. It's there for a reason.

I agree...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by Trail X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I do doubt that any public land will be remotely as difficult as the stuff available in RC.

I also dislike crowds. When I went to RC, there were crowds in some of the main areas, but there seemed to be plenty of trails that people didn't wander out to. But parking lot camping isn't really my idea of fun.

To me, RC is more of a test-bed for a worst case scenario trail that you might encounter alone. Good place to learn how to deal with large obstacles before having to deal with them alone.
Trail X
Founder

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:38 pm

JamesDowning wrote:I do doubt that any public land will be remotely as difficult as the stuff available in RC.

I also dislike crowds. When I went to RC, there were crowds in some of the main areas, but there seemed to be plenty of trails that people didn't wander out to. But parking lot camping isn't really my idea of fun.

To me, RC is more of a test-bed for a worst case scenario trail that you might encounter alone. Good place to learn how to deal with large obstacles before having to deal with them alone.

I agree with that. I understand that people in the group want a harder "core" trail "just to see" and push their trucks. But that isn't the entire point of the trip. Personally the sights, remoteness and openness of public land is where I'd rather be, especially when it costs less. I also like the self sufficient style camping. Parking lot camping, and paying too much for it IMO, isn't what i want to take a trip to do. I'd much rather do it for free in a better location.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by Trail X » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

So what I'm gathering, is that if we want to do a RC trip, it shouldn't be branded as TECORE, it should just be a RC-centered trip.

Works for me. I would like to hear where the coal-region guys go. I wish I knew more about PA off roading, but I admittedly don't. I'll have to do some homework.
Trail X
Founder

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm

JamesDowning wrote:So what I'm gathering, is that if we want to do a RC trip, it shouldn't be branded as TECORE, it should just be a RC-centered trip.

Works for me. I would like to hear where the coal-region guys go. I wish I knew more about PA off roading, but I admittedly don't. I'll have to do some homework.

Exactly. 8-) If enough people want to go to RC, than they should have no problem organizing their own trip.

As far as off roading in Pa goes, I know more places in NJ than PA, haha. I tried to do more research on the coal region trip but little information, at least that i could find. I have a general idea where they could go and still call it 'coal region" as that is a relatively small portion of Pa.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

by SaltWaterDrinker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I know there are a ton of cool abandoned places in Pennsylvania but, as far as trails go...nothing above a grade one...to my knowledge. Does anyone in the Northern part of the state know of any trails? Pennsylvania is too big to not have something. :p
SaltWaterDrinker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Josh

by TSAdventurez » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

I would love to try and make it this year if i get the tb built up enough.
TSAdventurez
Off-Roader

Name: Jamie

PreviousNext

Return to Eastern U.S.