Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: MORA 2010

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by ToyBlaze » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

Getting the preliminary ball rolling... :poke:

After searching for a while, I'm kind of bummed at the state of the State Forest trails here in MO, and I've all but abandoned redoing the Ellington fiasco from earlier this year. This should be Offroad only right? So I've done some searching and found this place: http://www.smorr.net .

They have 900+ acres with varying degrees of trails ranging from easy :flex: to hardcore (where we would fall in) :flex dirty: to extreme :safari:

Just a thought, I would like some feedback on this. So please, look it over and let me know what you all think :coffee:
They gasped the first time I got it dirty... Then fainted when I came home with scratches... Pff, City slickers...
ToyBlaze

Name: Josh
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 am

Looks good to me. Alot like the park near me. Would be nice to have someone who knows the trails lead or have someone prerun it. Camping is cheap and daily rates are fair. I am in.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by cowboy63645 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:53 pm

I am planning on a trip this spring, so I might be able to go up and pre run some of the trails and give feed back on them. Josh, what are the dates your looking at for this event?
cowboy63645

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by ToyBlaze » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm

April/May

Let me know when you head out to check it out, we'll make a weekend of it. :camping: :friday:
They gasped the first time I got it dirty... Then fainted when I came home with scratches... Pff, City slickers...
ToyBlaze

Name: Josh
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by DZPearl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:15 am

Keep me up to date and if plans allow I will be there. I had a good time at the last one and expect that this one can only be better!
DZPearl
Cruiser

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by fire_fighter4215 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 pm

What ever happened here? I'm thinking we could get one started at SMORR if we had enough people.
Let no mans ghost return to say his training failed him - fire service saying

A1C Sandoval, Greyson
USAF BOOM OPERATOR
Altus AFB, OK

Build Thread
fire_fighter4215

Name: Greyson Sandoval
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by jpfeffer » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:23 am

This discussion should probably be in a new thread, since the OP was for planning a trip last year, but I'd be way interested in something. Even if we set it pretty far in advance. There's a mini lift meet next weekend I think, then in May is the big midwest meet. I'm not sure how much time people usually put between events, but I'd be all for a fall trip to southern Missouri. Or even a late summer trip (summer holds a lot of traveling with work for me, so a LATE summer trip would be ideal). If we can get more people interested, I'd say let's do it. I just don't feel comfortable planning a trip before I've been on any trips in the TB to see how it'll do. Let's stick with it though and get something planned!
2002 Trailblazer LTZ
Constant Work in Progress
jpfeffer
Cruiser

Name: Josh Pfeffer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by cowboy63645 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, I don't have my TB anymore but still frequent the site so I would still be up for a trip! I was thinking a trip in say, September would be nice, the days would be a little nicer and the nights would be cool enough to enjoy a good fire.
cowboy63645

Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Return to Central U.S.