Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Attention Mid-West Off Roaders - Lift Meet - December 7,8,9

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Regulator1175 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 am

It is time to turn another lowrider into an off road machine. Mike is a quiet member here, however many of you have met him at the area meets. He is running a lowered Trailblazer with 22" rims, but we are going to change all that. He is getting MarkMC's 2.5" suspension lift as well as the 3" body lift. The spacers, rims, and tires will be in his truck and ready to put on AS SOON AS we roll it out of the garage. I promise I am not going to have a repeat performance of the meet at Kyles where I met the upper wall of his garage.

I am also planning on doing a front diff swap on my truck so that I can drive in our annual New Years trip to the Badlands. My truck will be ready to have the engine lifted to provide clearance on the frame and pull the diff and replace with my spare. I hope and expect it to be a simple process.

I am trying to find a local spot that we may be able to get out on Sunday and play around for a couple hours, We need to give Mike a taste of what he can do with his new toy!

As always, I will provide beds/couches/floor to sleep on and food for the weekend. All you need is to show up ready to work. Speak up, I need all the help I can get!!!!!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:14 am

Sounds good
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by kickin_up_mud04 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 am

Well we obviously know ill be there.. I have a feeling it's gonna be a good fun filled weekend.
kickin_up_mud04
Cruiser

Name: mike
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Regulator1175 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 pm

This was one of the longest and hardest work weekends I think I have had on a vehicle. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing went easy. We dealt with broken body bolts, a steering extension that took three hours to go in, a plastic push pin on the gas tank filler neck that would not allow the body to separate from the body, and worse of all, and rather scarey for me, front strut assemblies that literally fell apart as I was taking them off the truck. This truck put up one hell of a fight, but we prevailed.

Congrats Mike for the 1 foot increase. This truck went from 30" ground to fender all around to 42" on the front and 39.5" in the rear. With the addition of the steel bumper next week and some time for the front springs to settle it should come close to level. The addition of the Z71's in hte next few weeks will bring him to a normal rake.

Thanks to Hardtrailz for coming up from Batesville, Wink from Louisville, Hotness and Hatchet from Chicago, and JRSS out of Kendallville. It certainly proves how close the offroad community is when we have folks traveling up to 6 hours to come and turn a wrench! Thanks a bunch guys!

A huge thanks also to Markmc who made sure that all the parts I needed came in on time even with the holidays and busy schedules. I truly appreciate it brother!

Sorry folks, I don't think there are many pictures to be had, this was a work weekend and everyone had tools in their hands instead of cameras.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by kickin_up_mud04 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am

I also would like to thank everyone who came out and helped... I appreciate it very much... I will be sure to post some pics once I get my bumper and z71s in so this is not a worthless thread .... Once again thank you to everyone who participated in this build including markmc and regulator1175 for and the parts that went into my truck... This is a great community of guys and gals and I'm glad to be a part of it
kickin_up_mud04
Cruiser

Name: mike
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Central U.S.