Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed : Ottawa National Forest 8/1 - 8/2

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by galacticfuzz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am

A bit delayed on getting the post up, but life has been hectic. I was up in central Wisconsin with my family for vacation and decided that the beginning of that time would be my best bet to go up to Michigan for a bit. Of course as I get closer to the state line, rain sets in and I found out it had been raining for a better part of the morning in Watersmeet. Thanks for the accurate information weather channel. Being that I was running solo, I didn't manage to get a ton of pics. Most of the roads were dirt/gravel though I did get onto some two tracks as well. I also got to test out the Delorme computer software, I really like it even though I probably only scratched at it.

Most of the roads were like this.

A nice view

Campsite path

Camp

Some of the two tracks

Two track that closed in really good. I didn't get pics of when it did due to focusing on surroundings since one side ended up becoming a pretty good drop off.

Eventually it opened back up to this on one side.
ImageImageImage

Overall it was fun and exciting. I definitely think next time having somebody along would be good to help takes pics at least.
Build Thread
“Set out from any point. They are all alike. They all lead to a point of departure.”
― Antonio Porchia
galacticfuzz
Off-Roader

Name: Drew
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by NC_IslandRunner » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Some nice views!
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Wahugg » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Absolutely love the UP Michigan! I go past Ottawa all the time going to Manistique. If you ever want a good place to go wheeling that is not too bad, try to logging roads that are scattered all over the UP and upper LP. Miles upon miles of trails. Just make sure your 4 low works for the real loose sandy parts on old/boggy trails, and watch out for the logging trucks on active trails. They HAVE the right away and won't get over to their side of the road any more then they have too.

Glad you enjoyed it!

-Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

Name: Wahugg
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

Return to Central U.S.