Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: Playing at the farm

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Excell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:
Excell wrote:Looks awesome! I wish I had a farm. :) I'd have a blast doing a ride like that. Heck that many acres you could go out far and do an overnight camp, eh?

I got two good tent sites, one by the pond on a kinda pennisula and one way back in the back. The farm was pieced together and is not anywhere near square. I would drive back to the back one and setup shop for 2 or 3 days and no one knew where I was. I love it. Especially camping in winter when you get a couple warm days, but snow is still around.

Good stuff. We've got a friend with a farm, but all of their land is farm land, tilled over and planted. No one with a cool wooded property like that. You should put together a small meet. 8-) :mrgreen:
Excell
Cruiser

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Good stuff. We've got a friend with a farm, but all of their land is farm land, tilled over and planted. No one with a cool wooded property like that. You should put together a small meet. 8-) :mrgreen:[/quote]

I have been thinking of a small meet, but our water source is not completed and some people wont shit in the woods. I just did there this weekend when deer hunting and can tell you the second tree from the left works great as a lean spot, even got a hand rail/branch for support. But I am trying to figure out something for maybe the spring or even a snow get-together. Could ice-fish, sled, tube behind quad and wheel some.

Got a new woodstove for the cabin, so hopefully it works better than last one and the new wiunders should help too. I will keep yall informed.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Excell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:44 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:
I have been thinking of a small meet, but our water source is not completed and some people wont shit in the woods. I just did there this weekend when deer hunting and can tell you the second tree from the left works great as a lean spot, even got a hand rail/branch for support. But I am trying to figure out something for maybe the spring or even a snow get-together. Could ice-fish, sled, tube behind quad and wheel some.

Got a new woodstove for the cabin, so hopefully it works better than last one and the new wiunders should help too. I will keep yall informed.

REALLY? I'm not a huge camping person and I'd have no problem ripping one off in the woods. Now if I brought my wife, that's another story. Seriously, hold it or bring a portapot. :lol:
Last edited by Excell on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excell
Cruiser

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 pm

I do have a chemical toilet. It is just not the same as the real thing. we have the plumbing ran, electric is all on, two 250 gal tanks for a cistern in the basement, pump for them, but need to finish a few pipes and insulate so it wont freeze, then just hook it up and we have a full bath. Problem is that i am now 75 miles from there and cant run out there everyday to work on it, so it waits. But we may be switching speeds and throwing a well in which would be a lot simpler.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by irishboy02 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Haha wat thats sick!!

I live in the middle of the city, my whole lot is 50x100 :shoot:
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Excell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

irishboy02 wrote:Haha wat thats sick!!

I live in the middle of the city, my whole lot is 50x100 :shoot:

60x120 here. :lol:

Well I hope some time you'll be comfortable/able to host a little meet. I'm feeling less and less content as just mall rated by the day. 8-)
Excell
Cruiser

Previous

Return to Central U.S.