Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Planning: Jeep Jam 10-9-10 Fort Wayne, IN

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by Regulator1175 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 pm

http://odzjeepjam.com/

This evening I was sitting in front of Advanced Auto, with the truck on jack stands and a wheel off, replacing my starter. I caught site of a very lifted and impressive jeep drive by, pulled a u-turn in the middle of the 4 lane main road, and come back and pulled into the parking lot. He said that he hadn't seen a lifted Trailblazer before (I did correct him right away and tell him it was an Envoy) and he had to get a closer look. We stood around and BS'ed for a half hour or so, and when it was all said and done he invited me to come and crash this event. He told me that last year they had almost 300 trucks show up in the afternoon and evening, with 50 or 60 showing up in the am to wheel. The site says its a Jeep only event, however he told me they normally have a few different vehicles that will travel with them.

I am planning on making the trip, but will be 2 days post surgery so I wont be driving. My wife will get another chance to beat up on my truck. :drive: I am planning on making registration in the morning and join in on the 50 truck convoy to the wheeling site about 30 minutes away. It should definitely be a site to see!

Anyone else in the area want to come with me and show these jeep guys what our platform is capable of? I could really use some experienced help, I am still not overly comfortable with the limitations of our platform, and I don't want to rep this truck by being the guy that has to be pulled out all day long.
Last edited by Regulator1175 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by fishsticks » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Pull your swaybars off, air em down, and use the skinny pedal with discretion. You'll surprise yourself and others. I did. :)

You probably have one of the best coaches on how to wheel a 360 as a neighbor. :coffee:
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

looking into it. I love showing up yj's and tj's on 33s and 35s.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:42 pm

emailled the dealer and he told me the trail was jeep only, but to swing by dealer and he would set me up in a new jeep and i said i couldnt stoop that low and really liked actually having horsepower.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006

by janesy86 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Lame.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Central U.S.