Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: Hiawatha National forest-4th of July weekend 2010

Trips/trails in the central part of the U.S. (loosely follows the Central Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by lil_freak_66 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 pm

First off,i apologize for the lack of pictures and video,it is rather difficult to drive and hold a camera.

This is in Michigan's Upper Penninsula,just north of Manistique,Hiawatha National forest,has many many 2 tracks,orv trails and unmaintained roads to check out.

i set up camp at 46° 3'17.88"N 86°32'29.52"W

couldnt tell you all the trails i did,i spent a good portion of the weekend driving them.

my favorite place that i found though,was a pond located 46° 4'3.59"N 86°30'27.96"W
great bass fishing,and the pond is practically untouched.
coincidentally,that is where the only picture of the tb over the entire weekend was taken.

Here is a picture of the pond itself.

And a picture of the girl,and future daughter(look at the stomach) at the above pond.

Heres a bit of video.

Last edited by lil_freak_66 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michigan Search & Rescue.
SARTECH III
lil_freak_66
Trail-Blazer

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by KE7WOX » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:00 am

Cool.

I won't get to see my TB for another 7 weeks, so it's cool to see other people's (instead of the local majority of runningboards-equipped-stock-height-LTZ's).
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004

by fishsticks » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:29 am

KE7WOX wrote:Cool.

I won't get to see my TB for another 7 weeks, so it's cool to see other people's (instead of the local majority of runningboards-equipped-stock-height-LTZ's).

Easy on the LTZ's tiger... you're gonna hurt my feelings. :finger:
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 am

lil_freak_66 wrote:First off,i apologize for the lack of pictures and video,it is rather difficult to drive and hold a camera.
I always deputize my passenger as the trail photographer. Promise her picture credit for anything published in a calendar. Surely you trust your GF with a camera? You drop her off after a particularly tough patch, back up through it, and do it again for the camera. Or park in the middle of the tough patch, get out, walk to a good vantage spot, and take the pic yourself. It's how I've gotten a few thousand pics when going alone.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by lil_freak_66 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 am

Next time i take her she will probably be the photo guru.

Do you think it would be safe to bring her on the trailvoy/ortb bundy hill trip the first weekend of September? baby is due first week in November.

Considered bringing her then.
SARTECH III
lil_freak_66
Trail-Blazer

by KE7WOX » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:24 am

fishsticks wrote:

Easy on the LTZ's tiger... you're gonna hurt my feelings. :finger:

Is yours stock height? does it have running boards? stock Contitracs?
I assume your answer is (No)^3. So you're cool. Mine is like almost an LTZ, just missing a couple of things. It's just that I'm sure that no one has heard of lift kits here in Mexico, at least I have yet to see a lifted TB. Most of them are stock mall cruisers. Hurts my eyes.

Do you think it would be safe to bring her on the trailvoy/ortb bundy hill trip the first weekend of September? baby is due first week in November.

I'd be worried about bringing her, that many vibrations, plus going over large obstacles might cause issues for the baby, at least from what I've heard, but you can (probably the best thing to do) ask her doctor.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by lil_freak_66 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 pm

we'll ask her doctor before we go.
SARTECH III
lil_freak_66
Trail-Blazer

by bartonmd » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Definately ask her doctor, but I there are a couple doctors on the motorcycle boards, and they have said "the baby is well protected", when asked about women riding motorcycles while pregnant... I'm sure I wouldn't do it in the 9th month, just in case of a premature labor out in the middle of nowhere, but YMMV...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by johnburgelin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey now I've got an LTZ, but I did take the running boards off, and mark's kit is finally going on tomorrow, (Bilstein's showed up today!)
johnburgelin
Off-Roader

Name: John
Vehicle Year: 2003

by KE7WOX » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:41 pm

bartonmd wrote:I'm sure I wouldn't do it in the 9th month, just in case of a premature labor out in the middle of nowhere,
Mike

That's for sure. Although the baby might get free NF passes for life (like airplane-born kids), consider that as a plus.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Return to Central U.S.