Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: SoCal trip?

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by That1Guy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 pm

The Roadie wrote:Yes, a life-long lesson. If I had been in that situation any time in the previous 40 years, I would have been carrying a LOT more water when Teebes and I lost our parked trucks within sight of the Mexican border. Story for another day.

Your incident also shows you who can be trusted as a friend to save your ass when called upon. And who can't.

Yup and trust me i wont go with this dude again. Ill save that for someone who is ok with helping outt in a possible life/death situation
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Makes me warm and fuzzy to know that at any given moment, I have at least 14 gallons of water in the back of the TB, blankets, A/C, and a sweet mister system to back it up. Now to stock up on MREs and install my second battery.

So ummm.... you still gonna be out here in my neck of the woods around during Thanksgiving? I never heard back from my PMs.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by That1Guy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:20 am

Philberto wrote:Makes me warm and fuzzy to know that at any given moment, I have at least 14 gallons of water in the back of the TB, blankets, A/C, and a sweet mister system to back it up. Now to stock up on MREs and install my second battery.

So ummm.... you still gonna be out here in my neck of the woods around during Thanksgiving? I never heard back from my PMs.

who me or Bill??
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 am

NickNorie wrote:
Philberto wrote:Makes me warm and fuzzy to know that at any given moment, I have at least 14 gallons of water in the back of the TB, blankets, A/C, and a sweet mister system to back it up. Now to stock up on MREs and install my second battery.

who me or Bill??

Bill and OregTrailBlazin, but you're welcome to come up here anytime... I've got first half of the day free Monday-Thurs and Sundays off, so just let me know.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Philberto wrote:Bill and OregTrailBlazin, but you're welcome to come up here anytime... I've got first half of the day free Monday-Thurs and Sundays off, so just let me know.

As of right now we're still coming down. There is a slight chance we won't be able to make it, but that depends on if I can get the TB ready for the long drive. We were going to barrow a car from the wifes Grandpa, but he sold it. So if I make it, I'll have the TB to play with too :excited: :flex dirty: :camping: :friday:
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004

by The Roadie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

If that TB shows up with any Icon parts in it, I can see sending it home with 4X4 wood replacement struts in their place. :poke:
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 pm

The Roadie wrote:If that TB shows up with any Icon parts in it, I can see sending it home with 4X4 wood replacement struts in their place. :poke:

:shoot: If their not down there by then, They will surely be in the back. Unless you wanted me to break them in for you??!! :evil: :raspberry:
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz

Previous