Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Trail Report from my brilliant little adventure

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:32 am

Parade Status = Shat on
Thanks, ass.

Well perhaps i can say I was the first.

Oh and to the OP... Welcome!!!
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
***The more you know, the less you need.***
Sergeant, USMC
Dirty Bacon's Build
User avatar
DirtyBacon04
Moderator
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 am
Location: FL, Central
Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Rated

by The Roadie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 am

Yah. He hangs with Jeeps but did the Squeeze in a group. I would have joined, but had no idea it was going down. That's what happens when I ignore the offroad FB world for too long, and they don't think to post a trail ride plan here.

Bacon is still the first and only TB to come UP through the Squeeze. Don't mention the details about HOW, and he remains unique. :excited:
User avatar
The Roadie
Founder
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: CA, Vista, San Diego County
Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Expedition Guide

by NC_IslandRunner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am

The Roadie wrote:Yah. He hangs with Jeeps but did the Squeeze in a group. I would have joined, but had no idea it was going down. That's what happens when I ignore the offroad FB world for too long, and they don't think to post a trail ride plan here.

Bacon is still the first and only TB to come UP through the Squeeze. Don't mention the details about HOW, and he remains unique. :excited:


I just loved his little video, so excited so happy, too bad he didn't leave it filming to catch the oh shit moment when he realized he wasn't getting back up it. That would have been awesome.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
User avatar
NC_IslandRunner
Moderator
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: NC, Sanford
Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Offroad Rated

by Trail X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:Yumarockhugger does the Pinyon squeeze somewhat often.

From his FB page

69226_4316526561399_1058682778_n.jpg


Sorry to crap on your parade.


And :hijack:


Wait, who is this Yumarockhugger??

Why am I not familiar with his handle.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
User avatar
Trail X
Founder
 
Posts: 9771
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 pm
Location: VA, Roanoke
Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Guide

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:50 pm

He posts on FB GMT page sometimes. I invited him here a few times, but so far...no appearance.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
User avatar
HARDTRAILZ
Lifer
 
Posts: 6285
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:49 am
Location: IN, Batesville
Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Extreme Offroader

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:
The Roadie wrote:Yah. He hangs with Jeeps but did the Squeeze in a group. I would have joined, but had no idea it was going down. That's what happens when I ignore the offroad FB world for too long, and they don't think to post a trail ride plan here.

Bacon is still the first and only TB to come UP through the Squeeze. Don't mention the details about HOW, and he remains unique. :excited:


I just loved his little video, so excited so happy, too bad he didn't leave it filming to catch the oh shit moment when he realized he wasn't getting back up it. That would have been awesome.


initially my plan was not to go back up. I had plans of finishing the trail... little did I realize what was right around the bend.

I dont think theres enough memory on anyones camera for that. My oh shit moment lasted about 3 hours. For me,realizing you are actually stuck is the same as realizing you are lost; It's not an "all of the sudden" discovery. The seeds are sown hours prior.

If you have the tools and ablities to get moving again, then I dont consider it stuck. It's a delay. Stuck, for me, is when you have exhausted every tool/method/energy to no avail. Then you have to resort to hiking ~13 miles in the desert at night w/o a firearm, food, or water.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
***The more you know, the less you need.***
Sergeant, USMC
Dirty Bacon's Build
User avatar
DirtyBacon04
Moderator
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 am
Location: FL, Central
Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Rated

by NC_IslandRunner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 pm

DirtyBacon04 wrote:
NC_IslandRunner wrote:
The Roadie wrote:Yah. He hangs with Jeeps but did the Squeeze in a group. I would have joined, but had no idea it was going down. That's what happens when I ignore the offroad FB world for too long, and they don't think to post a trail ride plan here.

Bacon is still the first and only TB to come UP through the Squeeze. Don't mention the details about HOW, and he remains unique. :excited:


I just loved his little video, so excited so happy, too bad he didn't leave it filming to catch the oh shit moment when he realized he wasn't getting back up it. That would have been awesome.


initially my plan was not to go back up. I had plans of finishing the trail... little did I realize what was right around the bend.

I dont think theres enough memory on anyones camera for that. My oh shit moment lasted about 3 hours. For me,realizing you are actually stuck is the same as realizing you are lost; It's not an "all of the sudden" discovery. The seeds are sown hours prior.

If you have the tools and ablities to get moving again, then I dont consider it stuck. It's a delay. Stuck, for me, is when you have exhausted every tool/method/energy to no avail. Then you have to resort to hiking ~13 miles in the desert at night w/o a firearm, food, or water.


I think you are confusing stuck/not stuck with prepared/unprepared. Stuck is stuck, if you come prepared for getting stuck you are none the less stuck, when you're truck cannot continue on or go back under it's own power it is stuck.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
User avatar
NC_IslandRunner
Moderator
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: NC, Sanford
Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Offroad Rated

by DirtyBacon04 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm not confusing anything, good sir. These are my definitions. Notice the "I consider" portion of the sentence.

If I can get myself out in a reasonable manner, i consider it a delay and an expected part of the trip. All a matter of of perspective.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
***The more you know, the less you need.***
Sergeant, USMC
Dirty Bacon's Build
User avatar
DirtyBacon04
Moderator
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 am
Location: FL, Central
Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Rated

by navigator » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:28 pm

If I have to get out of the truck, I would say that I am stuck!
All that is left are the details of how to get out.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
User avatar
navigator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4649
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 am
Location: NC, Winnabow
Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD
Rank: Trail Ready

by Trail X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 pm

You guys sound like lawyers.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
User avatar
Trail X
Founder
 
Posts: 9771
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 pm
Location: VA, Roanoke
Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Guide

by NC_IslandRunner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

DirtyBacon04 wrote:I'm not confusing anything, good sir. These are my definitions. Notice the "I consider" portion of the sentence.

If I can get myself out in a reasonable manner, i consider it a delay and an expected part of the trip. All a matter of of perspective.


Denial is a sad thing good sir, Florida was a safe place for you to serve out you're sentence, the charge- crimes against common sense.....exhibit A, the bacon in the squeeze. I rest my case!:mrgreen:
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
User avatar
NC_IslandRunner
Moderator
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: NC, Sanford
Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Offroad Rated

by RyansTBLS » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I figure if you can open your door your not stuck :finger:
The problem with the Trailblazer is, people think you know what you're doing.
User avatar
RyansTBLS
Addict
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: OR, La Grande
Name: Ryan
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD
Rank: Trail Ready

by bgwolfpack » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:
DirtyBacon04 wrote:I'm not confusing anything, good sir. These are my definitions. Notice the "I consider" portion of the sentence.

If I can get myself out in a reasonable manner, i consider it a delay and an expected part of the trip. All a matter of of perspective.


Denial is a sad thing good sir, Florida was a safe place for you to serve out you're sentence, the charge- crimes against common sense.....exhibit A, the bacon in the squeeze. I rest my case!:mrgreen:

Rory, never settle!

+1 for Rory
bgwolfpack
Veteran
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm
Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:02 am

NC_IslandRunner wrote:...the bacon in the squeeze. ...
Been thinking about this for a bit. Michael can win the lottery, become an expert welder, fabricate the most fire-breathing rock-crawling buggy in the country, win the King of the Hammers, be on the cover of all the magazines, get a Red Bull endorsement deal.

But to "us", he'll forever and lovingly be the Squeeze Guy. Priceless. :poke:

Reminds me of an old joke. (Found this version so I don't have to type in my longer variant. You can imagine this can be embellished and expanded quite a bit with more details.)

Best told after several scotches and with a scottish accent.

So Angus and McTavish are sitting around in the pub. Angus takes a long pull at his drink, looks out the door and says "Angus, you see that bridge out there."

"Aye Angus, I do"

"S'a goood Bridge. Built it with me bare hands I did. But do they call me angus the bridge builder?"

"No angus they don't" he says sympathetically.

"And ya see that roof on the school. S' a good rooooof, took me a month, with me bare hands." He takes a pull again. "But do they call em Angus the Roof Maker?"

"No angus they don't"

Angus takes another deeeeep pull at his beer, his face going red.

"But you bugger ONE Sheep . . .!!!!"
User avatar
The Roadie
Founder
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: CA, Vista, San Diego County
Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Expedition Guide

by bgwolfpack » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 am

Coffee just came out my nose.

:lurk:
bgwolfpack
Veteran
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm
Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by jonbo2002 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:25 am

that was baaaaa-d
jonbo2002
Addict
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 am
Location: MI, Springport
Name: Jon
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by _HeadOfTheBeast_ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Hahaha I just fell out of my bed laughing at that one. I guess it's off to the shop to get a code read now.
User avatar
_HeadOfTheBeast_
Cruiser
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am
Location: ID, Post Falls
Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD
Rank: Trail Ready

by navigator » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 pm

I read that one before Roadie, LOL.
We give Bacon a hard time about the Squeeze but at least he went there and lived to tell about it.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
User avatar
navigator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4649
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 am
Location: NC, Winnabow
Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD
Rank: Trail Ready

by DirtyBacon04 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:53 pm

The Roadie wrote:
NC_IslandRunner wrote:...the bacon in the squeeze. ...
Been thinking about this for a bit. Michael can win the lottery, become an expert welder, fabricate the most fire-breathing rock-crawling buggy in the country, win the King of the Hammers, be on the cover of all the magazines, get a Red Bull endorsement deal.

But to "us", he'll forever and lovingly be the Squeeze Guy. Priceless. :poke:



I do appreciate the kind words, Aftermarket Running Board Guy.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
***The more you know, the less you need.***
Sergeant, USMC
Dirty Bacon's Build
User avatar
DirtyBacon04
Moderator
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 am
Location: FL, Central
Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker
Rank: Expedition Rated

by The Roadie » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:35 pm

navigator wrote:...at least he went there and lived to tell about it.
But I got him back to civilization so he could post up about it.

I think I even said at the time...this is going to be the most expensive extraction you didn't have to pay for.

Who you gonna call? BALL BUSTERS!

:viking:
User avatar
The Roadie
Founder
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: CA, Vista, San Diego County
Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80
Rank: Expedition Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific U.S.