Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: BARSTOW DESERT CLEAN-UP

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by That1Guy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:03 am

Well I dont know why I didnt post this over here sooner, but here it is.
Clean-Dezert.org is putting on its third annual Barstow cleanup. http://www.clean-dezert.org/

I plan on going to the event, I will be bringing a 24 foot trailer with my bug, and during the clean up I will be toteing the trailer around grabbing up all the trash I can find. I think it would be a great opportunity for the Southern California Offroad TB'ers to get together and meet up and show what we can do. It will be mostly the pre-runner type trucks that are out there, but I know of some members of a landrover forum who are going, and there is supposed to also be two H1's out and about.

Anyone interested in going??
Last edited by Trail X on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updaetd title with proper label
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by The Roadie » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Live it up! Personally, I like to use my time cleaning up the desert area I use most, which is Borrego. I stay away from areas like Johnson Valley and Glamis precisely because they're full of yahoos, and even if there's a majority of nice folks Treading Lightly I don't see as much of, the yahoos ruin it for me. I feel like a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs when I'm around that many prerunning sand buggies, an unknown percentage of which are being driven drunk.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Pacific U.S.