Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: SoCal/Anza-Borrego : Nov 24-25th, 2009

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by That1Guy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh, forgot about this. But Bill and Teebes. When are you planning on leaving and do you guys want to caravan out?
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by The Roadie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Teebes is way down south closer to the city. I'm probably leaving just before sunrise Tuesday, like 5. Breakfast at McDonald's in Ramona. Does that work for you? Set up my tent while waiting for everybody else to arrive while it's still cool. Nap.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by That1Guy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm

The Roadie wrote:Teebes is way down south closer to the city. I'm probably leaving just before sunrise Tuesday, like 5. Breakfast at McDonald's in Ramona. Does that work for you? Set up my tent while waiting for everybody else to arrive while it's still cool. Nap.

Sounds like a decent plan. I dont know how you can eat at Mc D's though. All I can eat there is chicken nuggets. And im off to work now so ill make sure to leave a note and put it on the request off sheet. Its a good thing she understands people have plans for thanksgiving.
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

That1Guy
Addict

by The Roadie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I used to eat at a favorite little local's only kind of cafe in Ramona. For years. Ask Teebes about the food poisoning they gave me his first day attempting Coyote Canyon on new 33's. Now I prefer chain food if I'm doing something important.
The Roadie
Founder

by teebes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 pm

I'll just meet yea guys out there, less coordination the better :finger: :finger: :friday:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Philberto » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 pm

teebes wrote:I'll just meet yea guys out there, less coordination the better :finger: :finger: :friday:

This coming from an IT guy? tsk tsk... Wait, I'm an IT guy too *sigh*
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by That1Guy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:13 am

The Roadie wrote:I used to eat at a favorite little local's only kind of cafe in Ramona. For years. Ask Teebes about the food poisoning they gave me his first day attempting Coyote Canyon on new 33's. Now I prefer chain food if I'm doing something important.

hmm. I always used to eat at Jilbertos taco shop. But if im awake that early I think I can handle some chicken nuggets. And I officially requested the days off!

That1Guy
Addict

by That1Guy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:45 am

So can we get an inventory of who is bringing what?? And whats something I can bring??

That1Guy
Addict

by Philberto » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:09 am

NickNorie wrote:So can we get an inventory of who is bringing what?? And whats something I can bring??

Updated the first post with my inventory, you can take over food if you want. I'm figuring on roadie and teebes for recovery gear and cooking equipment, and I have plenty of liquid storage. Of course, you're going to want to bring personal stuff for basic camping, like bug spray if needed, sunscreen, sleeping bag, etc., but that's common sense.
Philberto
Lifer

by That1Guy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:35 am

Philberto wrote:
NickNorie wrote:So can we get an inventory of who is bringing what?? And whats something I can bring??

Updated the first post with my inventory, you can take over food if you want. I'm figuring on roadie and teebes for recovery gear and cooking equipment, and I have plenty of liquid storage. Of course, you're going to want to bring personal stuff for basic camping, like bug spray if needed, sunscreen, sleeping bag, etc., but that's common sense.

ok cool ill try and decide what im bringin food wise tommorow. But in the way of other stuff, a case of water, hopefully I find a folding shovel, sleeping bag, pillow, lots of tools, spare fluids, and im sure there will be more. For sleeping, im taking my subs out, folding the back seats down and crashing there.

That1Guy
Addict

by Philberto » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Sounds good. Just bear in mind that we don't need 4 shovels, 4 toolsets, etc. I expect we'll finalize individual inventory next week, and are you sure you don't want to use one of our tents? Your back'll thank you in the morning.
Philberto
Lifer

by That1Guy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Yeah I know we dont need 4 everything, but I always bring tools for myself because its a good habbit, and something I need to get used to for racing. And the sleeping thing will be decided out there I guess. It depends on how cold it is. if its too cold i will definately sleep in my car, it doesnt really bother my back much.

That1Guy
Addict

by OregTrailBlazin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm just about out of work, which meens I'm done til the 30th :excited: :friday: :finger: :cheers: :woot:

We're starting our drive down there tomorrow, I won't have much access to the net, so if any thing changes your Gonna have to give me a call or text!! :flex dirty: :safari: :camping:
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz

by Philberto » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm

OregTrailBlazin wrote:I'm just about out of work, which meens I'm done til the 30th :excited: :friday: :finger: :cheers: :woot:

We're starting our drive down there tomorrow, I won't have much access to the net, so if any thing changes your Gonna have to give me a call or text!! :flex dirty: :safari: :camping:

Good luck, and have a safe drive!

Give me a call sometime on Saturday night or Sunday if you want to, we can get together and have a beer and finalize plans.
Philberto
Lifer

by OregTrailBlazin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Roadie did you have a spot?? My wife was wondering if she can watch our progress..... Probably to make sure we don't make any pit-stops at any brothels :hissyfit: ..
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz

by The Roadie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:45 pm

OregTrailBlazin wrote:Roadie did you have a spot?? My wife was wondering if she can watch our progress..... Probably to make sure we don't make any pit-stops at any brothels :hissyfit: ..
I DO have a SPOT. Email me her email address and I'll add her to the check-in OK message list. Phil and Nick - same deal. Got any loved ones who could use reassurance we've arrived alive? I'll also set up a web site tracking page so they can watch where we are during the day.

Remind me when we're out there to tell you the story of a former co-worker who got stuck about 3 miles offroad in a 2WD truck and got tugged to firmer sand on Christmas Eve by a young divorcee who just happened to be going up the same wash who spent the holiday with him.

Also send me anybody you want put on a "come help us!" message. Should not need it with such a competent group as us, but I can configure it differently for each trip so I might as well.
The Roadie
Founder

by That1Guy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 pm

wohoo! almost here

That1Guy
Addict

by Philberto » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Well, most of my things are packed and ready to go! Went from this:

...to this!

And I now have a proper-sized spare on the roof! Can't wait!!! :woot: :woot: :camping: :excited: :excited:
Philberto
Lifer

by MrSmithsTB » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Very nice! If only we had some deserts over here.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by That1Guy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Doh! Went to Radio Shack last night and guess what. They dont sell CB antennas anymore! So where will I go to find one close to my house wih less than 24 hrs?? And on top of that I have work till probably 7 tonight. After work I will be going to Albertsons to get chips, some wood, some soda, and I believe thats it.
So next thing is, Bill, where do you wanna meet up and have you set a time for us to leave?

That1Guy
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific U.S.