Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed Knoxville Ca

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by TangoBravo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

So I have taken forever to do this write up, mainly because it is my main stomping grounds. This is where I go to shoot, fish, hike, wheel, and I just never seem to get good pics because I am usually by myself. So I will post what I have and describe the terrain the best I can.

So this is located about an hour passed Lake BarryessaImage
It is known locally as just plain Knoxville, or the hell hole. It is BLM land and you can find maps on thier website.
The entrance is off a paved road and turns straight into a one mile long hill that starts as stock 2x4 passable and the further up ou go the more you need(MT's, or 4x4)Image

This trip I stuck to the main trail which is about a 10 mile loop and is only able to be completed with a lifted TB due to some very washed out and rutted hill climbs. this pic does it no justice however this is just passed what is known as hell hill, at the time it was a very slippery climb so I opted not to stop in the middle for the juicy pic, don't worry I am going back soon and it will be dry so I can capture the full hillImage

Off the main trail there are more trails then you can count, everything from quad trails to what everyone else calls Jeep trail. You can spend all day and not hit the same trail twice.Image

There is a message board at the top of the first hill climb where Knoxville splitsImageThis is where we post if we have gone down Knoxville rd, or Devilshead rd. I will do a write up on Devilshead next time I go up with someone as it is not a place to venture alone.

That's all I really have for now but I will post better pics of the more technical stuff in the next few weeks when I go back up and it's dry.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Pacific U.S.