Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: North Rim, Grand Canyon (Feb)

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by teebes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:10 pm

That's right, Grand Canyon time. Last time I was there, I saw all kinds of signs saying the North Rim was closed, argh. Come to find out, its just the visitor centers and various lodges. Supposedly there is primitive camping all around along with numerous trails and spectacular views.

Timeline: Late Jan to early Feb, 2011.
Plan: Traverse numerous trails around the north rim. Transcend down to the colorado river if trails are open.
Weather: It will be cold. COLD! Proper planning and warm camping gear required!
Timeline:
:camping:

If anyone is interested, please post up :drive: . I'll continue updating this thread with trails I'm interested in running, camping locations, etc.
:flex dirty:

EDIT: After some research, it looks like road closures are frequent due to snow fall during these months. Argh. I'll be on the look out for another venue instead. It will have to be near this part of the world as I have some family stuff in the area to attend.
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TangoBravo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I leave early Feb for training at Ft. Knox so I wouldn't be able to go then. But man it sounds awesome
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Philberto » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:03 am

Sorry buddy, if everything works out, I'll be up in Big Bear again, this time riding on a curved board down various snowy inclines both before and after imbibing incredible amounts of ethanol-based beverages. And there should be more women involved :poke: :friday: :finger: :cheers:

Otherwise, I'd love to be there, and if i get lucky with money, who knows? But for now, not able to make it.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by That1Guy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 am

Would LOVE to go but I wont have funds for a trip that big. Vegas in march will eat up most of my money which also means just close weekend trips until then. Lets get something in the works for mid-late November though!
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by Gordinho80 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am

Sounds like an amazing trip... wish I could make it.
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

Return to Pacific U.S.