Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Completed: Evans Creek ORV Washington aftermath

Trips/trails in the western coast of the U.S. (loosely follows the Pacific Time Zone)
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article.

by RimoniManu » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey guys, this is my first thread on Offroadtb, so I hope this works. On wednesday I got into a huge arguement at home and so I went driving and decided to go up to Mt. Rainier in Washington. I went to Evans Creek, however; I didn't have a camera with me. But this is the aftermath:

Some rock sliders huh.... I crushed my mirror when I slide into a tree.

Again, great rock sliders. I used them many times....haha

They saved my butt and my frame and my doors and my windows...

Talk about homemade rock sliders....

Goin around a very tight corner, and had to floor it to get through the mud and slid into a tree...

YES...My snorkel survived!!!

Lucky my headlight survived.

My entire fender was pushed out. I kicked it back in somewhat.

Left rear tire...Don't remember how this one happened.

Anyways, it was a fun little spur of the moment trip. I haven't had a chance to check underneath. I know it'll be pretty messed up. On Wednesday I had to spend the night on the trail and then thursday it took me all day to get down because it had rained and I had no traction. Since being back and driving around town I've never had so many people point and stare with mouths wide open. If you want an idea of what the trail looked like go on youtube and look up Evans Creek or Evans Creek ORV.
Oh and yes those are 35's on stock rims....
RimoniManu
Off-Roader

Name: Ray
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by fishsticks » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Those ain't rock sliders, son. Those are just steps. :mrgreen:

You must have been really pissed to not care about the truck and put all that body damage on it.

I gotta ask, did the 35's rub? :mrgreen:
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by Regulator1175 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:05 pm

:awesome: Damn its expensive when you go out wheeling. Do you intentionally just run into everything on the trail? :slap: Was there a body panel that survived?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by The Roadie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Makes me want to start a thread on the OS: Look what's happening on ORTB. Glad you got home safely. I think the trail was glad, too. :camping:
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Rob93 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Haha wow, how many times did you hit that thing? and 35s and a snorkel i like :poke:
whats your lift?
Rob93
Trail-Blazer

Name: Rob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Gordinho80 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Ray,

Its about time you posted on here!!! Now go put together a Build Thread so we can all see that snorkel in full detail!!

Sorry to hear about the trail carnage.
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Dang. Welcome to the site.

Next time be a little more careful of your vehicle placement - it's not a bouncy ball!
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by SteveTB03 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:28 am

Hey glad you posted up about the trail carnage!

Me and rimonimanu saw each other in Kent so he pulled a U-turn and caught up with me so we pulled into a church and chatted for a little while and talked about the damage. I think I talked to him a couple hours after he did all of that lol.

We've seen each other a few times before but we never could catch up to each other until yesterday haha
Last edited by SteveTB03 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras

by Philberto » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 am

Posts deleted and thread is being monitored. Take your opinions of each other to PM or to the mods.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by teebes » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 am

Welcome to the site!! looks like someones been holding out on us :finger: :drool3:

Sorry to see the body damage, but it does happen..... Comes with the territory. Just another reason for a cage and exo someday :friday: Start up a buildthread when you get a chance so we can drool over those 35's!!
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes

by RimoniManu » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Sorry Steve if you got suspended. I was being sarcastic about the "rock sliders." I wasn't pissed when I went on the trail, I was actually taking my time and trying to be very cautious. I got a map off the internet of all the trails up at evans creek. Even at the park they had a hand drawn map of the trails. I was planning to only go on the easy to moderate trails. When I got up there and was looking at my GPS, I had no clue where I was on the "map." I think I ended up on the more difficult trails. The turns were incredibly sharp and I took the widest turn I could but still hit. My step sides got bend up when I had to slide on them going rocks with 3-4 ft drops. Again I didn't plan on going on the more difficult trails. I didn't know so many people would be pissed off about the photos. I guess I'll only post G rated material next time....
RimoniManu
Off-Roader

by TangoBravo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:19 pm

RimoniManu wrote:Sorry Steve if you got suspended. I was being sarcastic about the "rock sliders." I wasn't pissed when I went on the trail, I was actually taking my time and trying to be very cautious. I got a map off the internet of all the trails up at evans creek. Even at the park they had a hand drawn map of the trails. I was planning to only go on the easy to moderate trails. When I got up there and was looking at my GPS, I had no clue where I was on the "map." I think I ended up on the more difficult trails. The turns were incredibly sharp and I took the widest turn I could but still hit. My step sides got bend up when I had to slide on them going rocks with 3-4 ft drops. Again I didn't plan on going on the more difficult trails. I didn't know so many people would be pissed off about the photos. I guess I'll only post G rated material next time....

It's not that you have to post only G rated pics, it's that well for example I see you have only posted twice so most of us don't know you at all. So lets say for example you hadn't got lost and did drive the trails mad(as this was our impression by your post) by us not knowing you and you saying what you did on the opening post then add the pics it appears to us that you went out to a beautiful location and hit everything on the road. Usually damage to this extent suggest's one of two things either you have no skill and trashed up the trail and your truck, or you got in over your head and hopefully learned from it. Most everyone here wheels by the tread lightly motto and always try to leave an area better then when we got there. I am in no way saying that you did not do this just that it seemed to us that you did not and with us not really knowing you how were we to know? The reason we get the way we do about stuff such as this is beacuse we want our kids and so on to be able to keep wheeling and if we all went out and thrashed the land we would have no place left to wheel. So can you see why some may have jumped your shit abit? I am in no way sayin that these people were right or wrong or did things the right way or not, I am only offering a reason why someone who is very passionate about the land may get upset about your original post and pics, it just seemed you went out and wrecked everything including your truck. I hope you continue to post here and didn't get too offended by anything, to be in a 4x4 community you have to have rather thick skin, take everything with a grain of salt and remember everyone including you are intitled to there own opinion on here.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Philberto » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Nobody's been suspended, and it's business as usual... The backstory does help, as some of us are very protective over our trails, with good reason, as they're rapidly being pulled out from under us. Welcome, and I'm glad to have you here.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by SteveTB03 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:29 am

Nope I'm still here and its all good just a disagreement between people.

But anyways glad you posted up here and I hope to wheel with you soon. :)
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

by tbangert » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 am

That'll buff out no problem... ;)
MarcMC - Bilstien - BDS - WheelAdapters - Treadwright - K&N - Gibson - Hayden - Zone
My Build Thread
tbangert
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler

by cbbryan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

It adds character, just like mud. I thought we were fans of the bush-whacked pinstripe look
and mud splatter paint job. I would like to see his build thread though. I know what it feels
like to take a sharp turn in a mush hole and dent up my truck, so you're not alone. Carnage
is a way of life whether it's a broken windshield from a pebble, busted grill from and animal,
to busted transfer case cause you slammed down on a rock a little to hard. If you haven't
experienced it count yourself lucky; good ole' Murphy doesn't like some of us.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

Name: Chris

by fishsticks » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 pm

I don't see that anyone was pissed about your pics... That's just a lot of body damage for one trip!

You didn't answer my Q though...did the 35's rub? :mrgreen:
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny

by RimoniManu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh, as far as the 35's, nope no rubbing. The only rub is when I turn full left or right and the tire rubs the square frame.
RimoniManu
Off-Roader

by Rob93 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

RimoniManu wrote:Oh, as far as the 35's, nope no rubbing. The only rub is when I turn full left or right and the tire rubs the square frame.

And for my question, how much lift?
Rob93
Trail-Blazer

Name: Rob
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 2WD

by SteveTB03 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Iirc from what he told me he has the Z71 springs, markmc lift and his body lift also and 35" tires by 12.5" on stock rims
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Next

Return to Pacific U.S.