Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Radflo Custom OEM replacement Coilovers

Products offered by our vendor: OregTrailBlazin

Moderator: OregTrailBlazin

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by Opeth » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:
Opeth wrote:Do these have more downward flex than the factory struts allow us to have?

It's not so much that the struts are the limiting factor. CV angle is THE limiting factor. That's why the big top spacer only lifts aren't good for the 4x4 trucks. Put a big enough top spacer on the truck, I think .75" thick is the max, and your CV's will lock up at full droop. To be more specific, the stock struts can exceed the other limits of the front suspension/drive train already.

I know the cv's are the limiting factor, been contacting companies to get a set of high angle cv's made which should allow up to 44* with no problems.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Moots1288 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Opeth wrote:
dvanbramer88 wrote:
Opeth wrote:Do these have more downward flex than the factory struts allow us to have?

It's not so much that the struts are the limiting factor. CV angle is THE limiting factor. That's why the big top spacer only lifts aren't good for the 4x4 trucks. Put a big enough top spacer on the truck, I think .75" thick is the max, and your CV's will lock up at full droop. To be more specific, the stock struts can exceed the other limits of the front suspension/drive train already.

I know the cv's are the limiting factor, been contacting companies to get a set of high angle cv's made which should allow up to 44* with no problems.

Rcv! 2k one shot do it!
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by dvanbramer88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:
Opeth wrote:

Now your question makes sense. My apologies.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by v7guy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Cody, have you found anyone other than RCV?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Moots1288 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:57 pm

v7guy wrote:Cody, have you found anyone other than RCV?

I hope so..
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots

by Opeth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 am

Still poking around with other companies, I thought I could try and piece something together but the 930 joint i was going to use doesn't plunge like a normal cv shaft does. That kind of blew my whole idea up and back to the drawing board for ideas.
Opeth
Addict

by Roofy O » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:19 pm

hey guys i dont know if anyone has asked this yet or i may have not seen it but i was wondering if you can mix these coilovers with a lift kit, such as the lift meister 3" suspension lift? or do those top spacers of the coil prohibit it?
Im 17, So am I the youngest trailvoy enthuasiast?

My Voy: https://www.facebook.com/DukesGardiner? ... =1&theater
Roofy O
Cruiser

Name: Danny Gardiner
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by navigator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm

As I understand it, Radflow can build the coil over to meet your lift needs, why would you add a spacer?
Anything much over 3-4 inches of suspension lift and you run into binding issues with front CV axle.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by bartonmd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 pm

No need to mix them with a lift. You can get them any length you want (I went 1/2" longer than stock), and any spring rate you want, and the springs are adjustable for ride height, so you can be either stock or 3" lifted or whatever you want with them.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by Roofy O » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Thats good to hear! In the future i would like to purchase this because of the look and performance of a coilover over an aftermarket strut. The question is now what would be the right option to order with my lift kit?

Roofy O
Cruiser

by djthumper » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 pm

The only lift kit you will need is for the rear... The coilovers will take care of the front
djthumper

Name: Larry

by Roofy O » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 pm

But.. what specifications would be the best if i wanted to keep my lift kit in the front

Roofy O
Cruiser

by mikekey » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Opeth wrote:Still poking around with other companies, I thought I could try and piece something together but the 930 joint i was going to use doesn't plunge like a normal cv shaft does. That kind of blew my whole idea up and back to the drawing board for ideas.

Is RCV the only one offering to produce one?
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Vehicle Year: 2003

by DustinC1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Roofy O wrote:But.. what specifications would be the best if i wanted to keep my lift kit in the front

Coilovers provide the lift and you can adjust the height where you want it. If you want to keep your lift kit you can't do coilovers
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin

by Roofy O » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 pm

uh thats sad to hear i was hoping i could use them both! o well

Roofy O
Cruiser

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Roofy O wrote:uh thats sad to hear i was hoping i could use them both! o well

Why would you want both? Do you not understand that the coil over is a better replacement for our lift kits and render the lift as totally unneeded.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by DustinC1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Coilovers replace a lift, you don't need a lift kit if you have coilovers... Not sure why you would want both
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin

by Opeth » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 pm

mikekey wrote:
Opeth wrote:Still poking around with other companies, I thought I could try and piece something together but the 930 joint i was going to use doesn't plunge like a normal cv shaft does. That kind of blew my whole idea up and back to the drawing board for ideas.

Is RCV the only one offering to produce one?

I've had to put this on the back burner for a while. RCV can do it, but I was also going to contact http://www.driveshaftshop.com, and then a local shop called Ontario Engine and Machine http://www.ontarioengine.com/ . The last one built a set of custom cv's for a friends RWD Grand Prix, plus they are only an hour away from me i could just leave them my truck.

I've accrued a lot of debt living paycheck to paycheck for the past 4 years, now I have a new job putting me into the positive side of things, I'm trying to knock my debts down first before I spend frivolously. I don't want to seem un interested to these guys by not having the cash up front and wasting their time, as these will need to be custom. Even if I only need to have some machined flanges made to adapt parts, I can assemble the shafts myself. I feel RCV is just overkill with their race quality shafts, I'm not planning on bouncing off rocks at full throttle.

Ultimately this is what we need...but with our style input shaft.

http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0911or_ ... to_09.html
Opeth
Addict

by mikekey » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Opeth wrote:I've had to put this on the back burner for a while. RCV can do it, but I was also going to contact http://www.driveshaftshop.com, and then a local shop called Ontario Engine and Machine http://www.ontarioengine.com/ . The last one built a set of custom cv's for a friends RWD Grand Prix, plus they are only an hour away from me i could just leave them my truck.

I've accrued a lot of debt living paycheck to paycheck for the past 4 years, now I have a new job putting me into the positive side of things, I'm trying to knock my debts down first before I spend frivolously. I don't want to seem un interested to these guys by not having the cash up front and wasting their time, as these will need to be custom. Even if I only need to have some machined flanges made to adapt parts, I can assemble the shafts myself. I feel RCV is just overkill with their race quality shafts, I'm not planning on bouncing off rocks at full throttle.

Ultimately this is what we need...but with our style input shaft.

http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0911or_ ... to_09.html

Interesting, I kind of have the ability to pay to play in this area. However I don't plan on going beyond my current ride height, and I'm mostly interested in improving things for long term durability. I don't want broken CV axles on the trail but I don't have plans of stuffing 36s or 37's under my car either. I'm happy with the 35's. But I'm just now getting into readying about improving the front weak points and I'm very interested in improving the IFS. No one has pushed the limits there.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Vehicle Year: 2003

by Roofy O » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:07 pm

I apologize for going a little off topic but i was hoping with the shock that is apart of the coilover would work and be compatible with a lift kit is all! I dont know everything totally yet about suspension, im just 17 still haha :raspberry: try to be patient with me haha and i love the input from everyone

Roofy O
Cruiser

PreviousNext

Return to Wheeler's Off-Road Inc