Wilson Electronics Cell Phone Amplifiers

Products offered by our vendor: OregTrailBlazin

Moderator: OregTrailBlazin

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by OregTrailBlazin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Wilson Electronics Cell Phone Amplifiers

Check them out here-- http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/wilsonelectronics.htm

The Wilson Mobile Wireless Amplifier Kit with Phone Cradle includes everything you need to begin enjoying improved cellular performance in mobile applications. We have found that this will greatly improve your cell phone performance when you're off road in weak cellular signal areas. If it can get a whiff of a cell tower signal it will lock on like a blood hound. Using this kit will amplify the signals to and from the cell phone that you place in its cradle, and will extend the range of other phones or cellular data cards in the vehicle as well. Power is supplied to the unit via a cigarette/aux power cord that can be hardwired if desired. The cradle has three different mounting options. The kit includes the 12" magnet mount outside antenna which will collect the signal from the cell tower and send it through the cable to the mobile wireless dual band amplifier. The amplifier’s state of the art technology is designed to increase your signal up to 10 times, reduce disconnects and dropouts, and increase data communication rates needed for 3G technologies. The amplified signal is sent to the Cell Phone Cradle Plus which has the inside vehicle antenna built right in. Your cell phone or data card then communicates with the improved signal. When the cell phone or data card transmits, the signal goes through the cradle antenna, is then boosted by the amplifier and broadcasts back to the cell tower through the outside antenna. Most importantly, the Cradle Plus provides a convenient place to stow a phone and allows the driver to keep both hands on the wheel while using the phone, greatly increasing safety. Also great for safely holding your phone while you're driving through rough terrain. Works really neat with your bluetooth earpiece, too. This kit includes three mounting options for installing the cradle on the dash or console of your vehicle. Wilson offers a 30 day guarantee and a 1 yr warranty, see the link below for further info and installation instructions. MADE IN THE USA
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Countryboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 am

what is the price?
Countryboy
Cruiser

Name: Zach Davis
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am

Countryboy wrote:what is the price?

330 according to link provided.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:10 am

I read a few trailering and RV forums and magazines, and there's a lot of snake oil out there. But the Wilson products are the real deal for marginal reception areas. I would have one if I didn't have the ham 2M rig. Nice new product to carry!
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by DirtyBacon04 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Roadie seal of approval is all I need.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm

DirtyBacon04 wrote:Roadie seal of approval is all I need.
For everything but prior approval of solo trail rides. :poke: You're going to have to wait until I'm senile, and then start your own web site for Florida mug-bogging trailblazers, before the Great Pinyon Incident of 2011 is left behind ya. :finger:
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton

by Countryboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 pm

kewl beans. I had tried the link and it wouldnt open. roadie thanks for the info.
Countryboy
Cruiser

Name: Zach Davis

by EonathanLelt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 am

The Roadie wrote:
DirtyBacon04 wrote:Roadie seal of approval is all I need.
For everything but prior approval of solo trail rides. :poke: You're going to have to wait until I'm senile, and then start your own web site for Florida mug-bogging trailblazers, before the Great Pinyon Incident of 2011 is left behind ya. :finger:

As we all know,While the mobile phone brings great conveniences to people, it also raises new challenge on the security of confidential work. In recent years, the wiretap, cheating in examination, medical negligence and gas station explosion with mobile phone occurred and it has aroused great concern of the society. Maybe it's one of the reasons that promoted the appearance of cell phone jammer. You may be watching a nice movie or enjoying your nap when you get free for sometime. Still you have chances of getting disturbed with your most loved ones and close friend chatting near you on the cell phone. At such hours, if you really care for your free time then you need to buy a cell phone jammer.
Last edited by EonathanLelt on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
EonathanLelt

Name: EonathanLelt
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by TBYODA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 am

EonathanLelt wrote: you need to buy a cell phone jammer.
which btw are illegal to have, sale and use in the US, with heavy fines!! See notice. http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-11-250A1.pdf
Last edited by TBYODA on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Wahugg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 am

For those of us that have trashed the onstar unit; Could this amplifier use the pre existing cellular antenna connection left behind?

-Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

Name: Wahugg
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by mikekey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Nice job resurrecting old threads guys. These units are really great. I know a number of people with them. And have contemplated this myself. If you're a heavy traveler (especially in the west) it's a good resource. The downside is, I haven't looked at the specs in awhile but they don't do 4G spectrum right now.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003

by TBYODA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Wahugg wrote:For those of us that have trashed the onstar unit; Could this amplifier use the pre existing cellular antenna connection left behind?
-Wahugg

Most likely yes, it is just a stub antenna. However current users of these units are breaking FCC regulation because the user is not licensed to retransmit the carriers signal. But don't lose hope. We have a answer.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-319195A1.pdf
http://wireless.fcc.gov/signal-boosters/index.htm

OK safety a side who cares.

I work for major US wireless carrier and deal with these units causing network interference often. Most are POS and Wilson Electronics is the biggest offender in this area. When these units cause interference they can kick thousands of users off the network or cause large outages as the handset powering up to try and over come the amp's interference thus cause a snowball effect in large area.
One also to has to remember emergency service do use wireless services.

Just some food for thought most users think strong signal = better service, that is not always the case. Wireless networks have been are designed since 2G came around in both the uplink (phone to cell tower) and down link (tower to phone) to transmit the minimum amount of signal needed at any give time to have quality voice/data call. Now throw in a uncontrolled amp in the picture. See were I am going here. To give you idea of what I mean. I have seen on 4G LTE at signal levels of -110dbm (like less one bars) data speeds of 5+ Mbps DL and 2+ Mbps UL.

Factoid: 3G does power control 1000x sec.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

TBYODA

by mikekey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:04 pm

I would imagine in town it would do the most damage, but would it really be that bad if I was rolling around Canyon lands miles away from the nearest tower?
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003

by TBYODA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:47 pm

mikekey wrote:I would imagine in town it would do the most damage, but would it really be that bad if I was rolling around Canyon lands miles away from the nearest tower?

Possibly, "most of the time" the interference is caused when the units are not installed or work properly. Additional some units just have really high gain and blast the networks. Think of it this way you know what happens when you get mic too close to a speaker it feeds back and is unable. Same kinda of thing going on here.

A little bird suggests if you get some type of "amp" like the one below, to only use when really needed and never in town.

Now Wilson does have this statement "Wilson boosters feature cell site protection techniques developed through cooperation with major cellular carriers that prevent the possibility of interference with any nearby cell tower." All booster manufacturers are required to have this "protection" by next March April 2014. These amp system will better in time because there in need in rural areas. :flex dirty:
Attachments
cradle boosters.jpg
cradle boosters.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 30911 times

TBYODA

by Rahul123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:56 am

Hi!
Excellent ! I got useful information here. Thank you!
Rahul123

Name: Rahul Agarwal
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 2WD

Return to Wheeler's Off-Road Inc