Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New Bumper Orders Temporarily Suspended Starting 12/1/12

Products offered by our vendor: BartonMD

Moderator: bartonmd

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 am

I dont even need a full exo, just some of the things we talked about would be sweet. Once you get breathing room...we will figure out something.

Need to get you a shed built so you can have some room to do some more work inside. Let me know if you need any help building one when you figure out your needs/wants/dreams/desires/wife approval.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Opeth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am

bartonmd wrote:
Opeth wrote:This kit idea might be something id be interested in doing. Im gonna toss the idea around to a couple of people that weld and see if they would be willing to lend a hand. A kit for a bumper and sliders woUld be a Great idea IMHO.

The bumper is fine, and I can take a few bucks off of the radiator and oil pan skids if you want to weld them up yourself, but the sliders are a little different. The only thing different about a set of sliders and a slider kit is 15 minutes of welding.

Mike

Alright, I'll pick your brain in a PM closer to tax return time after I talk with some people.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody
DriveTrain: 4WD

by sapper21b » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Are these bumpers still not being ordered. Just got back on and seen this. Im just wanting the stock with reciever and wings. Snd recovery hooks
Keep calm and call an engineer.....
sapper21b
Cruiser

Name: David Harrison
Vehicle Year: 2004

by bartonmd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Correct, it'll be fall before I start taking orders, I'd guess.

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by mikekey » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I seriously regret not moving on this sooner. Oh well, I'm a patient person, I can wait, I know it will be worth it.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Vehicle Year: 2003

by TB_Brothers » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello me and my brother both have TB's and we are planing on doing bumpers for them was going to order some but it seems we cant right now . So we have come to the point maybe we can go ahead and make them . Only thing is we have yet to come across a place to buy the metal needed. If not asking to much could you point us where we just might be able to get the metal needed or a hint where to start to look ?

Donnie - Jerry

thank you for your time
TB_Brothers

Name: Donnie-Jerry wells
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Welding supply shop be best to ask. Its a local thing more than anything.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by bartonmd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah, I completely didn't see this.

Depends on where you are, really, since you don't have your location in your profile. If you are close to me, I can sell you the steel for cheaper than you'd get it, otherwise. If you aren't, you can go to a local welding shop or steel supply house.

However, if you have a welder/grinder and like the look of my standard bumpers, I can sell you somewhat of a "parts kit" of cut/bent parts that you would just weld together and cut/weld the trim pieces. I can also sell bent tube pieces, cut long, for a tube brush guard that you would cut/notch and weld in position. If this is of any interest, send me a PM.

Mike
bartonmd

by TangoBravo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 am

Any update on when you will be open to new orders?
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

by bartonmd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 am

TangoBravo wrote:Any update on when you will be open to new orders?

Honestly, with the way my real job took up my entire life for the last 11 months, and is just now slowing down to near normal levels, I can't see it being before early spring for finished bumper orders. We literally did a normal year's business before August, and it was ALL CUSTOM, which means it ALL went through Engineering, as opposed to the 50% that normally goes through us.

I am still taking and shipping orders for finished skidplates, as well as "you weld together" kits for standard bumpers and both skids.

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

by TangoBravo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Do the weld together kits come with drawings for the fab shop that would be welding it for me?
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

by ErikSS » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 pm

TangoBravo wrote:Do the weld together kits come with drawings for the fab shop that would be welding it for me?

I'm sure Mike will respond anyway... But I did a kit. LOVE IT by the way. 90% of it is self explainitory. He gives detailed instructions in another thread. It's a great way to go.
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by bartonmd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

ErikSS wrote:
TangoBravo wrote:Do the weld together kits come with drawings for the fab shop that would be welding it for me?

I'm sure Mike will respond anyway... But I did a kit. LOVE IT by the way. 90% of it is self explainitory. He gives detailed instructions in another thread. It's a great way to go.

Correct. No drawings, just a step by step with pictures in the kits thread.

Really, just buy a cheap welder, and you'll be about the same money as if I'd have made it, and you'll have the experience and tools to make yourself stuff in the future.

Mike
bartonmd

by mikekey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Mike, whats a "Cheap" welder in your opinion?
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

by TangoBravo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm

bartonmd wrote:
ErikSS wrote:

Correct. No drawings, just a step by step with pictures in the kits thread.

Really, just buy a cheap welder, and you'll be about the same money as if I'd have made it, and you'll have the experience and tools to make yourself stuff in the future.

Mike

Yeah the closest place to buy a welder without getting hit for shipping is a 4 hour drive either north or east and they don't carry cheap welders. Remember I live in the middle of nowhere wyoming, if I don't wait for you to do complete ones, it is cheaper to have you ship to the fab shop(45min drive for me) and just pick it up when it's done.

TangoBravo
Addict

by bartonmd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:53 pm

mikekey wrote:Mike, whats a "Cheap" welder in your opinion?

Either a HF or a 110V Lincoln flux core MIG, or an old trusty Lincoln Buzz box stick welder.

TangoBravo wrote:Yeah the closest place to buy a welder without getting hit for shipping is a 4 hour drive either north or east and they don't carry cheap welders. Remember I live in the middle of nowhere wyoming, if I don't wait for you to do complete ones, it is cheaper to have you ship to the fab shop(45min drive for me) and just pick it up when it's done.

Almost all welders ship for free, online. The fab shop will have to have your vehicle to do a kit.

Mike
bartonmd

by mikekey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Maybe I will dip my toe in with the sliders first. Thanks.
mikekey
Lifer

by dvanbramer88 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:42 pm

FWIW

pipe and tubing is pretty forgiving to weld with because it is softer and more porous than sheet steel. The sliders should be good to learn on.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by TBYODA » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:45 pm

dvanbramer88 wrote:FWIW
pipe and tubing is pretty forgiving to weld with because it is softer and more porous than sheet steel. The sliders should be good to learn on.

That is good hear what about square or rectangular tubbing? I like Mike's wife/husband proof sliders. They are functional and kinda hide under the door and does not require any bending. I need to get my buddy's MIG welder over to my house so I can practice. I had hard time working on my oil skid for two reason. 1. First time and 2. A real dark mask, a non auto darkening. The other day I picked up auto-darkening welding helmet for $35. A cheap-o yes and really not worth the 69.99 they say it is normally. But it should work for now.

Mike
Can you weld the rad skid kits and the bumper kits with the HF type welders or is steel to think?
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by dvanbramer88 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Rob, I made a giant roof rack for my buddies Yukon out of 1" square tubing. I thought it was pretty easy to weld. I'm not sure about the bigger box tubing mike is using for the sliders. I'm assuming it is bent sheet and not extruded. But I wouldn't know for sure. He would know better. If I had to guess, I would say it would be just like sheet steel.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

PreviousNext

Return to MDB Fabrication