Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

MDB Steel Bumpers...

Products offered by our vendor: BartonMD

Moderator: bartonmd

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:01 am

I mean to cut a section of bumper out and bolt winch plate to frame. I know it will have to stick out further, but I just dont think I would use the reciever much. But I guess I might... :wallbash: I dont know.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by janesy86 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 am

I do want one but not in a huge rush to get it... There are a few things I need to finish up and I really don't have the space to store this in the mean time. My GF would kill me if I had it sitting in the middle of the living room for a few weeks...

Also trying to figure out how far this sticks out b/c I plan to weld the grille guard I have to it after a little fabbing it up.

Edit: I guess all I'm saying is how long til these will go out, b/c thats what'll make it possible. I need about a month.

And I also see that you said they only stick out about an inch? from the frame?
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 am

janesy86 wrote:I do want one but not in a huge rush to get it... There are a few things I need to finish up and I really don't have the space to store this in the mean time. My GF would kill me if I had it sitting in the middle of the living room for a few weeks...

Also trying to figure out how far this sticks out b/c I plan to weld the grille guard I have to it after a little fabbing it up.

Edit: I guess all I'm saying is how long til these will go out, b/c thats what'll make it possible. I need about a month.

And I also see that you said they only stick out about an inch? from the frame?

Good to hear you say that! I was wanting to have this mounted on mine for a bit, to make sure everything worked well between the bumper and rad skid (that should go out today, BTW, unless our foam machine is broken again)...

Yeah, there is about 1" between the front of the frame, and the inside of the front of the bumper... It's like that to get the best approach angle possible with the way our radiator hangs down there, corresponding with the radiator skid... Basically, draw a line up from the front of the front tire, up along the 45 at the front of the radiator skid, and it pretty much exactly hits the front lower edge/bend of the front bumper...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:16 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I mean to cut a section of bumper out and bolt winch plate to frame. I know it will have to stick out further, but I just dont think I would use the reciever much. But I guess I might... :wallbash: I dont know.

It's whatever... Like you say, we can always add it later...

Mike
bartonmd

by janesy86 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Ok, awesome Mike, that should work out great then.

Just don't want you to feel like I'm backing out, I live in a city and my apt is probably smaller than most of your guys garages. Can store it possibly at my parents til I'm ready but they don't have a lot of room and its a few hours away, so its not ideal.

But will definately be looking forward to this.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:32 am

janesy86 wrote:Ok, awesome Mike, that should work out great then.

Just don't want you to feel like I'm backing out, I live in a city and my apt is probably smaller than most of your guys garages. Can store it possibly at my parents til I'm ready but they don't have a lot of room and its a few hours away, so its not ideal.

But will definately be looking forward to this.

I know you're in... It's cool... I understand about the appt thing, as I used to live in one, in college...

Mike
bartonmd

by aaronrules » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Did I miss when and how much these are going for? And the final design and/or installed pics on an unbody lifted TB?
Lift, shocks, wheels and tires installed...need some armor now.
aaronrules
Off-Roader

Name: Aaron
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 pm

aaronrules wrote:Did I miss when and how much these are going for? And the final design and/or installed pics on an unbody lifted TB?

You did not miss it. If so, I would have posted the CAD drawing instead of a pic because pics do not exist.

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

by aaronrules » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Okay. I've been accessing the boards on my iPhone and sometimes I end up missing parts of conversations. I'm 90% sure that depending on price, I am going to want one as soon as you are ready to start taking orders. And if I can swing it, I would like to get the radiator skid to go with it too. We will see when it comes time to make the decision to pull the trigger.
Lift, shocks, wheels and tires installed...need some armor now.
aaronrules
Off-Roader

Name: Aaron
Vehicle Year: 2004

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:51 pm

aaronrules wrote:Okay. I've been accessing the boards on my iPhone and sometimes I end up missing parts of conversations. I'm 90% sure that depending on price, I am going to want one as soon as you are ready to start taking orders. And if I can swing it, I would like to get the radiator skid to go with it too. We will see when it comes time to make the decision to pull the trigger.

Bumpers should be in the $275 + shipping range, and rad skids will be in the $230 + shipping range... Rad skids will be getting a Group Buy in a couple weeks...

Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:58 pm

EDIT: :raspberry: I dont think you should sell someone a bumper if they dont have a rad skid. It is far more important than a bumper if you actually use 4x4. :raspberry:
Last edited by HARDTRAILZ on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by Trail X » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I dont think you should sell someone a bumper if they dont have a rad skid. It is far more important than a bumper if you actually use 4x4.

Haha... remember, the customer is always right!
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Gordinho80 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm almost definitely in for the bumper and the rad skid.... when I can afford it. LOL

Anyone want to buy my WAAG???
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by Trail X » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Gordinho80 wrote:Anyone want to buy my WAAG???

And join the sisterhood of the traveling bumper guard? :lol:
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Gordinho80 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 pm

If I sell it, I'll have the inside engraved with our screen names! Next owner will be #3!!!! :cheers:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida

by SteveTB03 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I dont think you should sell someone a bumper if they dont have a rad skid. It is far more important than a bumper if you actually use 4x4.

I personally think that would be the stupidest thing he could do if he were to do that. I know there are people that don't wheel as much and as hard as you do Kyle.

So I know that if he were to make that requirement so you could buy a bumper he would lose my business indefinetely.that's my 2 cents.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:27 pm

JamesDowning wrote:

Haha... remember, the customer is always right!

Pretty much... I've tried to make everything about as stand-alone-able as I can... You don't see a lot of the new 50,000 diesel trucks with aftermarket bumpers off road...

I really, really suggest people have some kind of radiator protection if they're going to get rid of the plastic bumper facia (a decent sized rock that flies out of somebody's M/Ts will put a hole in a radiator or crack that plastic end tank, running down the highway), but I'll sell people whatever they want to buy...

Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:28 pm

SteveTB03 wrote:I personally think that would be the stupidest thing he could do if he were to do that. I know there are people that don't wheel as much and as hard as you do Kyle.

So I know that if he were to make that requirement so you could buy a bumper he would lose my business indefinetely.that's my 2 cents.

Understand, but there is no need for a bumper if you dont need a rad skid. It was mostly a joke, so I should have added :raspberry:
HARDTRAILZ

by bartonmd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:
SteveTB03 wrote:I personally think that would be the stupidest thing he could do if he were to do that. I know there are people that don't wheel as much and as hard as you do Kyle.

Understand, but there is no need for a bumper if you dont need a rad skid. It was mostly a joke, so I should have added :raspberry:

I figured it was, but I could hear panties getting in a wad at malls all over the country. :finger:

Mike
bartonmd

by SteveTB03 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:38 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:

God damnit Kyle lol oh no I'm with you on the idea of that you should have protection for the radiator. I'm just saying if Mike were to do that yourf kind of forcing someone to buy something else they may not have a need for you know what I mean?

I mean a majority of the people on this site use the TB as a daily driver so I'm sure a bumper will protect them a lot more in most circumstances that we come across.

But no I'm with you that since were on this site we should all have all the protection we can get.

Oh and Kyle :raspberry:
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras

PreviousNext

Return to MDB Fabrication