Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

GM is bringing back the trailblazer!

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by Trail X » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/gm- ... ailblazer/

Has anyone seen the new trailblazer design?

Honestly, I think it looks good. Without knowing any specs, might be the wife's next vehicle.
Attachments
2019-Chevrolet-Blazer-RS-First-Drive-Exterior-010-1024x683.jpg
2020-Chevrolet-Trailblazer-Exterior-001-1024x614.jpg
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Flyingfischer5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:42 pm

I like the look of the Blazer(top) better than the Trailblazer. Those plastic fenders and those giant running/fog lights look ugly IMO. Also I believe both are running a crossover style platform which mean not so good off road compatibility. Not saying it would be impossible to make a good off road rig, as we had are own hurdles/limitations with our platform, but I just don't see these being capable of anything more than a rutted dirt road. Once my TB dies or I choose to move on I'll be going with a Tahoe. Never have liked these crossovers. They just feel like an oversized car which is what they are.
Flyingfischer5
Off-Roader

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Anthony Hernandez » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:40 pm

isn't the trailhawk a crossover also? unibody, awd, and on bags? With the weirdo traction controls and stuff they make now, i'm wiling to bet it wouldn't be too bad. But i haven't read any specs on it either. i still catch shit about the TB tho... and then always lend a hand to extract someone that is stuck lol.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007

by Trail X » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:48 am

Flyingfischer5 wrote:I like the look of the Blazer(top) better than the Trailblazer. Those plastic fenders and those giant running/fog lights look ugly IMO. Also I believe both are running a crossover style platform which mean not so good off road compatibility. Not saying it would be impossible to make a good off road rig, as we had are own hurdles/limitations with our platform, but I just don't see these being capable of anything more than a rutted dirt road. Once my TB dies or I choose to move on I'll be going with a Tahoe. Never have liked these crossovers. They just feel like an oversized car which is what they are.

Ah, I didn't realize they were two different models until you mentioned it. I saw the different front clips, but thought they were just different trim packages.

I'm not sure I'm thinking these (unibodies) will ever be as rugged as the trailblazers of yore, but I do believe they will complete in the new market niche that is occupied by vehicles like the Jeep Cherokee and Land Rover discovery. I'm definitely not seeing it as a replacement for my current TB, but it would be a nice next car for my wife to work out of, carry kids around in, and travel in.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Flyingfischer5 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Yep, they are two different models. The Blazer is the larger of the two and IMO the better looking of the two.

Also the day off rugged vehicles are long gone as most vehicles are made of plastic and aluminum. I get everyones concern is better gas mileage and the easiest way is to make them with lighter and cheaper materials(lower end vehicle) but vehicles are starting to turn disposable yet the prices keep skyrocketing.
Flyingfischer5
Off-Roader

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Diacom » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Flyingfischer5 wrote:Yep, they are two different models. The Blazer is the larger of the two and IMO the better looking of the two.

Also the day off rugged vehicles are long gone as most vehicles are made of plastic and aluminum. I get everyones concern is better gas mileage and the easiest way is to make them with lighter and cheaper materials(lower end vehicle) but vehicles are starting to turn disposable yet the prices keep skyrocketing.

The only issue is they aren't really lighter, but certainly cheaper materials. Just look at the GVW on older iron vs the newer, it's not really there as far as weight reduction. To much wire and modules and being built larger to actually weigh less.

Compare https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Chevrolet-Trucks/1978-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf to https://www.google.com/search?q=2018+silverado+gvwr&ie=&oe=.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003

by MarkMad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Not sure what to think about the new design. I like it from some angles and hate from others. Very confusing. haha
MarkMad

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2009

Return to Truck Discussion