Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

trying hard to find the correct wheel/tire combo please help

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by BCT12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello everyone, Im stuck. I have a 04 TB LT with 1.5" spacers, 2" RC leveling kit.
I have been running 265/70/17 BF's for s couple years now. I bought a new truck and my son turns 16 soon so he gets the TB.
I really want to get a wheel and tire setup on it for him.'
Custom offset has a trailblazer see link, https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel ... n-lift-3in. That i really like.
Will this setup fit with some trimming? It appears i have alot of room left on my current setup.
The setup in the link is a 275/70/18 with +18 offset and 5.7 backspacing. It says it will fit without my 1.5" spacer. Any help here would be much appreciated.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel ... n-lift-3in
BCT12

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Stock offset is +35. That trailblazer in the link must have wheel spacers on it. You will need atleast 0 offset to clear without a wheel spacer (about 1.3"). I actually bought my rims through custom wheel offsets, but I went with -12 offset with 265/70/17 tires. If you do decide to go with them, make sure to be clear that your bolt pattern is 6x127 or 6x5. I had to send my rims back two times before they got it right. They WILL need to be custom drilled to if you want the proper amount of offset.

If you also use the "advanced search" on this site you should come up with tons of threads about this too. Good luck in your search!
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by BCT12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:45 pm

thank you for the reply, In the link they say that they are not using wheel spacers, however i am running them now if i needed them for new wheels that would not be an issue..ive read a ton and cannot conclude to what offset is the best and if that size tire will fit with my lift. is customs offset not reputable? They are posting setups they say fit.i dont want a tire sticking way out of the fender but a little would be fine. Whats the offset i am needing to fit 275/70/18 with or without spacers and my 2" RC leveling kit?
BCT12

by BCT12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 pm

rickalicka18 are you using a wheel spacer with your offset or are you good without?
BCT12

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Nope! No spacers I have close to 2" of offset with my rims now
Rickalicka18
Addict

by HawkeyeC25 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:22 am

My setup is another data point. I've got 285/70/17 on MB Wheels with 25mm offset and 1.5" spacer. Plenty of clearance and they stick out about an inch. I had to do a little bit of trimming, but nothing noticeable without sticking your head in the fender well. Check out my build thread for more details. Most of my pics are with 255/75/17. Not a lot different, little narrower. Same wheels.
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 am

BCT12 wrote:thank you for the reply, In the link they say that they are not using wheel spacers, however i am running them now if i needed them for new wheels that would not be an issue..ive read a ton and cannot conclude to what offset is the best and if that size tire will fit with my lift. is customs offset not reputable? They are posting setups they say fit.i dont want a tire sticking way out of the fender but a little would be fine. Whats the offset Iam needing to fit 275/70/18 with or without spacers and my 2" RC leveling kit?

I didn't see this but I think custom offsets was very professional when I got my rims through them. I was very nervous about spending the money I did on their rims, especially since they messed my bolt pattern up twice, but they took them back no questions asked and got me the correct bolt pattern.

They let the person who buys the rims fill that information in I believe. I actually haven't done that yet because I was waiting to get my dented door fixed :lol: They can't know everything though. Just be sure to tell them you need atleast 1.5" of clearance to clear your balljoint, from there they will take care of you. They are also fairly quick about reply by email too

Also If you check out the lift/tire size chart on this site you will be able to see how big of a tire you can fit with your lift
Rickalicka18
Addict

by corwin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm

HawkeyeC25 wrote:My setup is another data point. I've got 285/70/17 on MB Wheels with 25mm offset and 1.5" spacer. Plenty of clearance and they stick out about an inch. I had to do a little bit of trimming, but nothing noticeable without sticking your head in the fender well. Check out my build thread for more details. Most of my pics are with 255/75/17. Not a lot different, little narrower. Same wheels.

That sounds a great set up. I'll check your build. We will be working on another 2005 Trailblazer right after we finished installing the new set of tires and american eagle wheels plus brake job on the current truck project.
corwin
Cruiser

Name: James
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 2WD

Return to Truck Discussion