Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Opinions of some replacement parts for my DD '06 TB

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by Turbodreams » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 am

So my TB needs struts/shocks and brake pads all around. Its a 2006 4.2 4X4 with 95k on it. Bought it May 2016 with 74k and change. Daily driven, 18-20k miles a year. No plans in the near future for a lift or anything crazy due to it being my family's large vehicle. Wife drives a Saturn, we have 1 kid and another on the way so until the wifes car shits the bed and she gets an SUV this is staying fairly stock.

That said, I dont want cheap parts. I need everything to work and work well. When I bought it I felt the suspension was a little soft and def want something better than factory. It will probably never see any real off-roading. Sees a bumpy ditch filled gravel mountain road often so I can get to the shooting range. The occasional muddy field for parking for events. And occasional camping. I dont currently tow anything with it but plan on getting a small utility trailer in the next year or so once we buy our own place.

Right now Rock Auto has the Rancho struts/shocks for $244.30 plus shipping, and then a $50 rebate through Rancho. Its only about $25 more than getting the KYB excel-g's. Anyone use these on a DD? Reminder, it will not be lifted anytime soon.

Also need brake pads front and rear. Whats everyone using? Again, dont want any economy cheapo shit. Was thinking Power Stop ceramics. $40 front and $30 rear for the HD ones and $26/$20 for the standards.

Trying to have the parts ordered tomorrow after I get paid.

Thanks
Turbodreams

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by escapepilot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 am

I had the Bilstein's on mine and was pretty happy with them.
escapepilot
Off-Roader

Name: Shannon
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Turbodreams » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41 am

escapepilot wrote:I had the Bilstein's on mine and was pretty happy with them.

$100 more happy? After the rebate theyre about $100 more. If I was lifting the TB, Id def go with them but I dunno with a non-lifted DD.
Turbodreams

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Diacom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/ Used to be a good place to get Bilsteins. Might still be. They also would have discount codes avail on Trailvoy back in the day, so a search might produce a current code somewhere.

Just to give you another option.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Truck Discussion