Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

What did you do to your GMT today?

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am

I did drive mine tonight for first time in a month. Ought to tear it apart n do something crazy....
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by darring70 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 am

Cb antenna installed
darring70
Trail-Blazer

Name: Darring
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by v7guy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 am

Painted my shackles green to match the holes in my rad skid and the decorative bars on the sliders.

build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by darring70 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am

v7guy wrote:Painted my shackles green to match the holes in my rad skid and the decorative bars on the sliders.

Like it
darring70
Trail-Blazer

by Regulator1175 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 pm

I put 150 miles on mine today. Partly just to get some drive time and check everything out, especially the new transmission, before the next trip off road. Also added more miles to the trip answering a members emergency assistance call and provided a high lift and my spare tire so that he could make it home. He is newly lifted and the tires have less then 500 miles on them, who would expect to have a sidewall blow out.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by KE7WOX » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 am

Finally fixed the A/C mode door actuator (broken since late August), and bought the diff seal so I can finally fix that leak.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G

by mikekey » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 am

I spent some time taking measurements last night and going over some plans for this weekend. Plus our front springs arrived! Imagine these powder coated neon green!

I'm going to be be building my own front and rear bumpers shortly, but this weekend's plans are to tackle my new idea for mounting the roof rack closer to the vehicle. My father in law is a fabricator and now retired, just located to FL a few months ago and finally has his shop setup, so I've been conspiring with him to get some work done on the Trailblazer.

Attachments
springs_arrived.jpg
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003

by mikekey » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Bam, just pulled the trigger today and ordered our 3inch body lift from Mark.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

by 05trailblazer4x » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Installed most of the lights i will be needing. lucky i kept the roof light bar off my 03. will be doing the reverse ones tomorrow hopefully.
Attachments
2013-03-02_13-33-52_151.jpg
2013-03-02_13-33-33_551.jpg
2013-03-02_13-33-44_345.jpg
05 trailblazer waiting to be lifted and modded. :)
05trailblazer4x
Cruiser

Name: joel
Vehicle Year: 2005

by mikekey » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 am

Hmm... I have seen that method of mounting your front lights before.....

I spent some time today working on fabing up the new mounting for my Baja rack. Still need to make some adjustments as the Baja rack is not square, but hopefully soon I'll have this mounted.

mikekey
Lifer

by 05trailblazer4x » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 am

Mikekey : "Hmm... I have seen that method of mounting your front lights before..... "

ya i absolutely borrowed that from your build hope you don't mind it worked out really well and looks good.
05 trailblazer waiting to be lifted and modded. :)
05trailblazer4x
Cruiser

Name: joel
Vehicle Year: 2005

by mikekey » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:24 am

Noope, not at all. Ours is still holding up mostly. But once I get the bumper built and installed won't be much use.
mikekey
Lifer

by Regulator1175 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 am

Today I concluded that all has been dry under the truck for 2 weeks now and went ahead an re-installed the skid plates. Prior to that I dropped 50lbs from the truck, I have driven for a year now without sway bars attached and decided that it was finally time to completely remove the front sway bar.

I also decided to get the back end up in the air and chase down a screech I have had for a couple weeks. There was a lot of mud and rock build up in the drivers side rotor. It looked like rocks were getting hung up on the emergency brake pad. I also went ahead and replaced the rear break pads, they were getting pretty low anyway. I did discover that one of the pins on the bracket that the caliper mounts to was frozen. After a few calls to the parts stores I discovered that I couldn't replace the bracket alone, they wanted to sell me the whole caliper with the bracket. Thankfully I happen to have a parts truck sitting on the side of the house so I cannibalized the bracket.

It took me 2 hours to take care of the drivers side, 15 minutes to change the passenger side. Grrrr what a PITA these trucks can be some times.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002

by JCrayton99 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:15 am

Bought sliders last night, going to peck away at them for the next couple weeks and get them tacked up so I can bring them to my fathers so they can get burned together using a better welder.
JCrayton99
Trail-Blazer

Name: John Crayton

by darring70 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 am

I replaced my TB's spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, tension belt, also I checked and filled all the fluids, will probably buy ny riof rack curt with the extension next week and my tires next 2 or 3 weeks, trying to get ready for TECORE VIII
darring70
Trail-Blazer

by Moots1288 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:57 am

I replaced my spark plugs and cleaned my green filter
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006

by KE7WOX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am

Finally got around to replace the front diff driver side output seal, took about 3 hours (not bad for the first time). One of the local shops quoted me 10.1 hours of labor (according to that ondemand5 thing) because they had to "drop the differential and fix it from the inside". Yeah right.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by darring70 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

KE7WOX wrote:Finally got around to replace the front diff driver side output seal, took about 3 hours (not bad for the first time). One of the local shops quoted me 10.1 hours of labor (according to that ondemand5 thing) because they had to "drop the differential and fix it from the inside". Yeah right.

Lol that is funny, Now thanks to this forum I had done so many things in my Tb by my self, and I saved a lot of money, I realized that is not as difficult as they wants you to think
darring70
Trail-Blazer

by KE7WOX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 am

darring70 wrote:
KE7WOX wrote:Finally got around to replace the front diff driver side output seal, took about 3 hours (not bad for the first time). One of the local shops quoted me 10.1 hours of labor (according to that ondemand5 thing) because they had to "drop the differential and fix it from the inside". Yeah right.

Lol that is funny, Now thanks to this forum I had done so many things in my Tb by my self, and I saved a lot of money, I realized that is not as difficult as they wants you to think

You know, if he had straight out told me it was a 2-3 hour job and charged accordingly, I might have considered dropping it off next Tuesday (Since I'm out of town) and pay the money to have him do it instead of me having to hunt down some tools, parts, etc. But I definitely know enough about the platform to know if they are bsing me. I know a good mechanic in town and I also thought about getting a quote from him, the problem is that he's got so much work that sometimes he tells you that he can't get to your car until a week or so later, and at this point I figured that I might as well just save more and do it myself (and, it serves as practice, since I had never removed the cv shaft).

Now, last semester, the story would have been a lot more different, as I had almost no free time, so I would have just gotten a quote (a realistic one, cheaper than a good piece of photography equipment) dropped it off around the time he could fix it and come back a few days later (since I live on-campus, I don't really need to have a truck with me at all times).

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

by galacticfuzz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:57 pm

After about a weeks worth of work, finally some progress is being made.

Still need to put a couple of bends in the side metal and create the middle bar for the lights to be relocated. Also going to need to remake the original test brackets and weld on the mounting pieces for the whole guard. I decided to push myself on a WAAG style guard.
Build Thread
“Set out from any point. They are all alike. They all lead to a point of departure.”
― Antonio Porchia
galacticfuzz
Off-Roader

Name: Drew
Vehicle Year: 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Truck Discussion