Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

It's been a nice week.

Trailblazer and Envoy related, but not off-road related...

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:34 pm

So this week I decided to buy a few toys and repair/maintain my TB, So this is how it followed.

Monday: Got a custom tune from ScarabEpic22 on the OS, It is like night and day between the stock tune and his!! :excited: I also found out my T-stat is bad.

Tuesday: Bought a new T-Stat, Hella 500FFs, seafoam, fuel injector cleaner, air filter, and a full Royal Purple oil change with K&N oil filter. I did the seafoam and damn was there a lot of smoke!! I guess that's what happens when you never use it in 113000 MI :wallbash: and I changed the oil and used the fuel injector cleaner.

I also TRIED to install the hellas but couldn't figure bit out as I was tired so I went to bed.

Wednesday: After talking to Gordin I wired up the lights no problem. Then it was off to the dealership to get a MEGAFUSE and then Autozone to do a full brake job front and rear.

So this week has been pretty good and I love how the seafoam makes your engine idle SOO much smoother.

WARNING

Now after I changed the brakes now my emergency brake works no more maybe one of you guys know what to look for or anything???
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:14 pm

SteveTB03 wrote:Now after I changed the brakes now my emergency brake works no more maybe one of you guys know what to look for or anything???

Does sound like a good week.

As for the E brake, you'll have to first check and ensure you're getting movement of the E brake pads. You have to remove your rear brakes to see.

If they are moving, they just aren't engaging on your new rear brakes. There's an adjuster inside the rear brake rotor if I'm not mistaken. Sounds like your new ebrake bore is just bigger than the one you had.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:21 pm

I was actually thinking that the e brake pads are just too worn to engage I mean hell I've never even replaced those since I bought my truck used on October 31st 2006.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

by Trail X » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Did it work on your last brake rotors?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah it worked perfectly fine on the last set I know I did accidently move the e brake pads (shifted them a bit) when I took off the old rotors just because I was looking at them. Could that be what has caused the now not working e brake?
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:40 pm

I just checked it out just now and the e brake BARELY engages when I pull it up as far as the handle will go but not enough to stop my truck on an incline that's about a 20-30 degrees
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

by fishsticks » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 pm

You need to pull the rear rotors off and adjust the tensioners that are on the axle.

EDIT: How much did Scarab charge for his tune? I'm headed up to Seattle again soon.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny

by SteveTB03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:34 pm

fishsticks wrote:You need to pull the rear rotors off and adjust the tensioners that are on the axle.

EDIT: How much did Scarab charge for his tune? I'm headed up to Seattle again soon.

Ok I gotcha ill tighten those down as soon as I get back from the bank.

And scarab charged me 200$ which equals down to 100$ for the license from efilive and 100$ for his time. And everybody says his custom tunes are better then pcm4less' tune because he basically gives you a tune then you go and test drive then tune some more. But basically its an awesome tune I love the shift points and power.

EDIT: make sure you pm him on the OS and set up a time to tune as he's real busy a lot.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Return to Truck Discussion