Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

My Sliders

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Ordered off ebay. 67 inch sliders by

http://img59.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=slider2.jpg Trail Gear

Seem well built. I believe that since there is no weld seam they are the DOM.

Now to get to mounting.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Gordinho80 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm

NICE! Get to mounting so we can all see what the 67" sliders look like
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 pm

I dont weld but a member near me does, so maybe he can help or I have a buddy back by the parents that might be able to help. I am really hoping to get them on this weekend. Will mock them up this week and see if i want to add a bit to the ends.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by teebes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm

:woot:

I can't wait to see some pics along with *all* the goodies in your sig :friday: Maybe we'll finally get a build thread out of you too, huh huh :viking: :poke: :finger:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 pm

teebes wrote::woot:

I can't wait to see some pics along with *all* the goodies in your sig :friday: Maybe we'll finally get a build thread out of you too, huh huh :viking: :poke: :finger:

It says all my pics or too big or dont have a defined size. How the F do I post pics?
HARDTRAILZ

by Gordinho80 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:06 pm

either resize them before you try attaching or host them on photobucket and link them here
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by bobbyblaze » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:18 pm

I resize all my pix to roughly 800 X 600 pixels. Works well as far as I know.

I also set photobucket to resize all the pix I put in there automatically. Makes it easier that way.
Time. . .is my greatest enemy.
bobbyblaze
Trail-Blazer

Name: bb

by teebes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 pm

bobbyblaze wrote:I also set photobucket to resize all the pix I put in there automatically. Makes it easier that way.

x2. Photobucket does that automatically for the free accounts and makes it easy to link in w/ IMG tag. :drool: :drool: Pics :drool: :drool:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes

by Gordinho80 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 pm

BTW... Unless you are cutting, bending, and welding these completely from scratch, it does not belong in Fab Work... moved to Off Road Mods / Discussion
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Gordinho80 wrote:BTW... Unless you are cutting, bending, and welding these completely from scratch, it does not belong in Fab Work... moved to Off Road Mods / Discussion

Fair enough. I figured with welding them together and making plates for frames and adding gussets it would be in the fab section, plus it said sliders in the thread description.

Loading pics to photobucket now
HARDTRAILZ

by Gordinho80 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm

James's, Teebes's, and Roadie's can be in FAB, as they've had theirs created from scratch... if everyone feels as though these pre-fabbed sliders should be listed in Fab Work, I'll gladly move it back...
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:09 pm

I look at it as the same as they did. I had someone else do most of the work. Mine will be more personal work in getting them on. They just paid someone. i am trying to adapt something so others can do it and save some money versus paying for design and labor. I just skipped the design part. Doesnt matter to me where it goes, I just see more hands on work in mine. It would have been easier to drop the truck off and then come back and pay a bill. Those would be fab, but adapting something is not?
HARDTRAILZ

by janesy86 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Yea I agree, no big deal tho if you move mine... but even tho they are pre-fabbed but I actually did some of the work on getting mine on VS paying a guy to do it from scratch. Not knockin' anyone that got a custom set as I'd have it that way but right now this is lighter on the wallet. :friday:

But good luck with yours Hardtrailz. :mechanic: Can't wait to see the finished product.

Also just wondering what you were planning as far as painting them? I used a spray-on rubberized undercoating meant for bedliner/ wheel wells etc.. figured there will be many touch up to come. :flex dirty:
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:33 pm

janesy86 wrote:But good luck with yours Hardtrailz. :mechanic: Can't wait to see the finished product.

Also just wondering what you were planning as far as painting them? I used a spray-on rubberized undercoating meant for bedliner/ wheel wells etc.. figured there will be many touch up to come. :flex dirty:

Just rustoleum paint or some kinda paint and keep them coated good. Not gonna waste powdercoat or anything on something that will be beaten on. Spray paint is cheap and easy to fix.
HARDTRAILZ

by bgwolfpack » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:36 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:
Loading pics to photobucket now

You need a computer newer than a Mac64 otherwise your download time is rather long. :happy whip: :coffee2:
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

by Philberto » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm with you on the rustoleum vs powdercoating. After all, you will be sliding these things on rocks, so any coating will get damaged... Cheaper to fix spraypaint vs powder.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 am

Gordinho80 wrote:James's, Teebes's, and Roadie's can be in FAB, as they've had theirs created from scratch... if everyone feels as though these pre-fabbed sliders should be listed in Fab Work, I'll gladly move it back...

If these aren't fab work, then YOU can come out here and weld the mounts and sliders together, make the plates and gussets, and weld all of them onto his vehicle!

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 am

janesy86 wrote:but even tho they are pre-fabbed but I actually did some of the work on getting mine on VS paying a guy to do it from scratch. Not knockin' anyone that got a custom set as I'd have it that way but right now this is lighter on the wallet

This.
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I dont weld but a member near me does, so maybe he can help or I have a buddy back by the parents that might be able to help. I am really hoping to get them on this weekend. Will mock them up this week and see if i want to add a bit to the ends.

I can probably do it Sunday... Let me ask the shop manager and make sure...

I don't claim to be a professional welder, but I"ve done a couple roll cages; one of which was flipped (end over end) twice at 80mph, and though the tubes were bent, and you could see the outline of the roll cage on the outside of the car, none of the welds broke...

Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 am

bartonmd wrote:
HARDTRAILZ wrote:I dont weld but a member near me does, so maybe he can help or I have a buddy back by the parents that might be able to help. I am really hoping to get them on this weekend. Will mock them up this week and see if i want to add a bit to the ends.

I can probably do it Sunday... Let me ask the shop manager and make sure...

I don't claim to be a professional welder, but I"ve done a couple roll cages; one of which was flipped (end over end) twice at 80mph, and though the tubes were bent, and you could see the outline of the roll cage on the outside of the car, none of the welds broke...

Mike

Sounds strong enough for me. I hope to not be using them at 80 mph. Let me know what works. I am off fairly early 345 this week and next week if that works better or am off monday for the holiday. Keep me informed and Thanks :excited:
HARDTRAILZ

Next

Return to Sliders