Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Jansey86's rock sliders..

by Gordinho80 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 pm

OK.. after review and discussion... moved back to Fab Work...

:poke:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by janesy86 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Update: Sorry no pics on this tho, as I forgot the camera and my phone sucks now.

But before my buddy and I did last offroad run this past weekend we jacked up my TB with his HiLift jack. Got both wheels off the ground and there was very little deflection . Maybe 1/4" at most.

I also put them to use a couple of times on the trail as well. First was a rocky section on which I hit them as I came off the rock on the drivers side. The trails that I have been on in my area are a lot of rocks and such and wooded areas with some good hill climbs and decents and mud holes. Very fun. I'll get pics next time we go.

I also had to use them again. About a 100' from the exit of the trail to the road wa a tree that had fallen because of beavers. Pretty large and there was no way around it. My buddy with his jeep on 37's was able to crawl over it no problem, and once he was over we tried multiple different methods to move the tree with his winch. Wasn't happening.

Since it was getting late my only option was to go over it, because we didn't have enough time to go back thru the entire trail to get out where we entered. So we grabbed a bunch of logs and made some what of a ramp for me to get my front wheels on the big tree. As I came over the back side my front wheels landed and I used the sliders to slide down the tree and onto my rear wheels.

I hit my rear bumper on the back side of the tree and broke the tabs that mount the rear bumper, but oh well. No biggie.

I think in the future I'll be removing at least my front bumper for trail rides and possibly the rear.

Sorry for no pics but thought it was worthy of an update..
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Sounds like fun. Well done.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Previous

Return to Sliders