Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

So I took it to the shop....

Something not working right?

by The Roadie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Yep. Horribly bent. Dorman makes replacements for about $40 each side, and they go on very quickly! Ball joints are tougher.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by NHARINTON » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:02 am

Going to look into parts Monday. Gotta go play Army this weekend.

I will scan in the warranty tomorrow evening.
Under covered parts it does say:
"Suspension - Control arms, control arm shafts, bearings and bushings, radius arms, radius arm bushings, stabilizer bar, stabilizer link, stabilizer bushings, spindle, wheel bearings and torsion bars"

and:

"Steering - Steering gear box or rack and all internally lubricated parts, power steering pump, steering column shaft, steering column shaft couplings, tie rod ends, drag link, pitman arm and idler arm"

I put parts in bold..... So for the most part I should be good to get these assholes to replace all this correct. It does not say "ball joints" but am I correct in assuming "bearings and bushings" would refer to the ball joints?

Grrr, I want to get anything out of them if I can.....
"The accumulation of all powers, in the same hands, whether of one, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny” - James Madision The Federalist Papers #47
NHARINTON

Name: Nick
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:07 am

If it doesn't say the magic words "ball joints" I'd expect a fight. The phrase "control arm shafts, bearings and bushings" might be interpreted to mean "control arm shafts, control arm bearings, and control arm bushings". But you can argue they're part of the spindle.

And the bent nature of the control arm might also be a controversial item. It's not wear or breakage. They might exclude (in another clause) damage that results in bendage. Not sure how clever their lawyers were. Good luck!
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting