Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Squealing Bearing

Something not working right?

by Zero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 am

So like many others, i had a noisy bearing issue under the hood. I described it to Roadie and showed him. He said it was the same one he had. And that it was the idle pulley. It was much hotter then the others. I told him that I had replaced the belt and the Belt tension pulley. I showed him and he pointed out that I had missed the Idle pulley. Silly me i thought It was on the Tension pulley assembly.

So today I went to Pepboy's today and picked up a Serpentine Belt removal tool for $22 (It worked great! fit right in, even came with a socket head to remove the bolt on the Idle pulley). And the Dayco replacement pulley. The replacement parts looks and fits exactly the same! Such an easy install. It took a buddy and I about 5 minutes to take out the old and put in the new. Now my truck runs sooooo quiet! All I can hear are the noisy injectors hahaha. :excited:

I love that the whine is gone. I got so used to it for soo long that I didnt realize how loud it was till I fixed it. Now I can actually hear what the truck sounds like with my resonator delete mod. :thumleft:
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Glad to hear it worked so well for you.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Wish I could have changed that on the trail for you but I wasn't carrying a spare because I need one, too. Now a broken tie rod end or driveshaft - that we could have fixed. :cheers:

What's a Serpentine Belt Removal Tool? I use a 3/8" breaker bar that's already in the kit.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Zero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Its just what they call the breaker bar, and socket kit all as one at pepboys. and thanx for the reminder Roadie, I need to start carrying around a few extra parts.

And this would have been one of the easiest trail fixes someone could have ever needed to do hahaha.
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Return to Troubleshooting