Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

HELPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEE P0301 WHITE SMOKE

Something not working right?

by TheHungriGerman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:47 pm

I need help as the title says. I have a 2002 Trailblazer throwing a p0301 cylinder 1 misfire rough idle stalling and its pouring out white smoke. I really hope this is a spark plug issue and and coil pack issue. It is not overheating at all my coolant is red like normal and oil is light brown not milky. I tried starting it with coil pack out and barely get a spark and it does have a fuel smell to it
TheHungriGerman

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Wahugg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:54 pm

In my experience, white smoke indicates coolant ingestion. Respond to these questions so we can help you further

-Is your coolant level low?
-Does the vehicle overheat after being driven 15 minutes?
-Remove the radiator cap and turn the vehicle on.... Does the water level pulse? Especially if rev'ed.
-Does the cylinder hold compression? Is it within 10% of the other cylinders?

If you have you have access to a scope, remove the spark plug and look into the cylinder. Is water intrusion apparent? On really bad or old leaks it is (rust, corrosion, grime, etc).

Best of luck
-Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

Name: Wahugg
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by TBYODA » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:56 pm

I am pretty sure white smoke out the tail pipe is a sign of a blown head gasket along with the misfire. Most likely not a big leak yet. Better get it to a shop asap.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by TheHungriGerman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:52 am

Compression test wad good replaced a fee bad coil packs oh yeah and the mechanic that was helping me fix a fuel leak left the fuel tank exposed outside waiting for a part and didn't tell me about it and it's so happen to rain that day. So I have water in my gas once I drain the tank put gas in it and dry gas it stop smoking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TheHungriGerman

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Troubleshooting