Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

lft kit confusion

Something not working right?

by HawkTown28 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 am

So I recently received marks 2.5 inch lift kit in the mail. I also go his wheel spacers, bilstein struts, and bds 5500 rear shocks. I though I had it all figured out but I cannot wrap my head around what to do with all of the washers in the front struts. So my new struts came with a large black "cupped" washer. With marks lift kit I was supplied with 2 small silver washers. Now in the directions it sounds like I am supposed to replace the large black washer that came with my struts with the small one supplied with the lift kit. This makes sense to me to clear the spacer, but the washers I got in the lift kit are much much smaller than the ones that came with the strut, and it just seems like to me that if I replace them, the smaller washers will destroy the bottom of the bushing on my strut mount. In the picture of marks kit, 2 gold washers are pictured, which seem to be smaller than the black washer that cam with my new struts, but decently larger than the washers I was supplied in my lift kit. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it since I plan on installing it tomorrow. Thanks.
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies.
HawkTown28

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:41 am

You got any pictures of the parts? Your bushing washers should be about the same diameter as your bushings. The lower washer can be somewhat smaller, but the upper one must be about the same diameter or it will start to pull through your bushing.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by markmc » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:16 pm

Use the washers that came with the kit.
Or you can grind the washers that came with the struts to fit through the lift casting.
markmc
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Mark
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 2WD

Return to Troubleshooting