Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Canister Purge Line to Throttle Body Problem/Question

Something not working right?

by JoeyV » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:14 pm

I have an '02 TB LT and was working on my build as well as doing some general maintenance when I may have been a bit to ambitious. When trying to release the clip that secures the canister purge line to throttle body it completely snapped. The first time I cleaned the throttle body was about 40k miles ago and it went fairly smooth. This time not so much. Perhaps I was being to forceful, the plastic is more brittle than before, or both.

After cleaning up the tb, I went ahead and mounted everything to see how secure the line would be. It does sit in on the metal line off the the tb firmly and takes some effort in order to remove it, which is a good thing. I assume this is due to the line being formed and rigid. However, I am still worried about the connection leaking without having the retaining clip there to secure the line. Unfortunately, the search for "canister purge line" came up with 0 results. Does anyone know what kind of pressure that line is under? Has anyone else run into this situation?
JoeyV
Cruiser

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to Troubleshooting