Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Service Stabilitrak = C0161 C0244 C0455

Something not working right?

by JustliketheRazor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Hey so before I take in my Trailblazer to the dealer and pay them to diagnose the problem I was wondering if anybody has had similar issues. I've done research on here but nothing quite matches up to my stabilitrak issues.

Now originally my service stabilitrak lights came on occasion during warm weather...and always came on during cold weather upon start up....

I took the lib///y without having the codes pulled and replaced the Steering Wheel Position Sensor with the Dorman part off rock auto. Success! None but a couple days later the stupid lights came back on and now come on every time..

Strange things is, the lights would not come on if the steering wheel is turned to the left of center...As soon as the steering wheel was centered or turned a hair right the lights would come on. That went on for a wheel. Now it's the exact same thing only they lights engage when the steering wheel is turned left!

So I took it to the dealer and had them pull the codes for me using the Tech2 (god I need one of these). This is what they got:

C0161-Antilock Brake System (ABS)/Traction Control System (TCS) Brake Switch Circuit

C0244-Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Delivered Torque

C0455-Front Steering Position Sensor Circuit

and then he got one additional code that erased itself once he restarted my engine......thus never seeing it again.

Does this sound like an EBCM reprogramming issue? I don't really understand why the SWPS would pull codes again if it was just replaced.
JustliketheRazor
Cruiser

Name: Shane
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by jrSS » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Those are codes that are "stored" delete them then see what codes pop up.
jrSS
Cruiser

Name: jeff

by JustliketheRazor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Ah okay...forgive me ignorance, but will a code reader with ABS and SRS be able to delete these codes or do I need a Tech2?
--------------
3.73 GT4 G86 8.6" Axle
PCMofNC Tune @ 91 Octane
KN CAI 57 Series
PCMofNC E-Fan
H.O. Alternator 250 Amp
9-11, 343 Always Remember
JustliketheRazor
Cruiser

Name: Shane

by ErikSS » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:28 am

JustliketheRazor wrote:Ah okay...forgive me ignorance, but will a code reader with ABS and SRS be able to delete these codes or do I need a Tech2?

My Actron code reader will read ABS but not SRS. Not all read ABS, but some do. So, you don't need a tech 2 for what your needs are, but you do need a higher end code reader. Mine also read the traction control and stabilink codes as I found a bunch on mine today. haha
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to Troubleshooting