Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Exhaust rubber hanger

Something not working right?

by KE7WOX » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

So my truck has had a rattle coming from the back for the past few weeks. I finally got a chance to look under (after hearing advice from my dad, who insisted it was the exhaust pipe/muffler) and it looks like one of the rubber hangers (the rear one) is failing/has failed, as it looks like the steel rod is moving sideways (along the rod's length).

I looked at my Haynes manual to see what the part was called, and the exact same part is pictured there (Fig 15.2b, Page 4-12), and it's referred as the exhaust rubber hanger.

Now, I searched PepBoys, O'Reilly, AutoZone, Napa, and both forums and can't find anything pointing to that part. No part or part numbers or anything.

Has anyone here replaced that part, or knows a part number for the replacement? I'm starting to think it might be a dealer only part.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by JCrayton99 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 am

rock auto search p/n 8066
JCrayton99
Trail-Blazer

Name: John Crayton
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks!
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Troubleshooting