Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Cant Offroad when truck wont start...

Something not working right?

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:41 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked up an extra PCM off ebay to run while I sent mine in to PCMforless, but when I took mine out and installed it, I couldnt get it to run the truck. I did the security relearn procedure with 6 attempts and decided to just put mine back in until I could leave my truck down for a couple days and send it later.

However, after reinstalling my PCM, the truck will not start. I tried the security relearn, but the security light has not been on. It justs cranks and cranks, but will not run. I am at a loss, I even tried hooked up the fiances car with jumpers cables to make sure the battery had plenty of juice, but nope, no start.

Help. I am at a loss. I do have the codes 0122 and 0223 showing up on my scanguage, but do not understand why the truck will not run.

UPDATE
Now the codes show 0412 and 2432 and the others stayed gone after I cleared them
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trail X » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't think you can just use any PCM on your vehicle. The PCM has to be programmed for your specific vehicle or it will not work.

Sounds like you scrambled something. Most of the time, people send in the extra PCM for the tune, as PCM4less can reprogram any PCM to match your vehicle.

The first codes you listed have to do with a bad throttle position sensor signal.

I don't have those latter codes in my records... what year vehicle do you have? It may be a PCM processor DTC, but that is a SWAG.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by The Roadie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Sigh... I just replied over on the OS. Was it guaranteed to work by the Ebay seller, and does the part number match?
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

I got it from a seller with good feedback and it was stated to work in 06 trailblazer. Plugs match and looks the same, but I dont know which numbers to check for match. I will have to see if it was guarenteed, I assumed it worked, but I should have looked. I sent a message asking for why? did it work? will you replace it? or refund? but with an ebay seller it may be a lost cause. I can deal with that, but I need to get my truck running.

I could send either one to pcmforless for programming, but wanted to get truck running first so if there was a problem after programming, I would know it was from program.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I had broke the little plastic tabs off the center plug, so I wasnt getting a good connection. I got w pcmforless and got a new tuned pcm that is about to go in, so it should fix my problems.

FYI--If i run a ziptie around to hold the plug tight or hold it by hand it will run with the stock pcm.
HARDTRAILZ

Return to Troubleshooting