Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

WTB 2006-2009 8.6 rear axle assembly

Free location for selling, buying, posting wanted ads, ebay specials, etc.
Forum rules
Please be sure to label your posts subject with the following legend:

FS: You have an item for sale
SOLD: A FS item that has sold
WTB: Want To Buy an item
FREE: You're giving away an item, asking for 'buyer' to cover shipping is fine
EBAY: You found a killer deal on ebay for trailbazer related items (please add a disclaimer if you are selling the item)

Keep items related to our platform of vehicles. No general garage sales allowed.
Please read the "Free Classifieds" thread for full rules on the use of this section.

by mattrustable » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:37 pm

The last 3 months I've been searching and searching and searching and cannot find the 8.6 in the years I would like. I live in southern CA but I am willing to drive an 800 mile radius if anyone has this. I don't know how someone can ship something this large, but if it is possible and you are willing to go through the trouble to get it shipped I will pay for shipping and make it worth your time. Or, anyone that can help me find one or get me in the right direction to one it would be greatly appreciated.
mattrustable
Cruiser

Name: Matt
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TBYODA » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:16 pm

If you have not already check out. WWW.car-parts.com
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by mattrustable » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 pm

I tried and the only one is in Dallas TX. Just a little too far for me
mattrustable
Cruiser

by navigator » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:40 pm

call some of the ones close to you and see if they will ship.
I got one shipped from OH to NC for $150
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by ErikSS » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:44 pm

You could try that website again. I found 3 in Pheonix for around $300 each. 2 have 3.42 gears and 1 has 3.73 gears. I don't know your zip code, so I just picked a San Diego zip code based on your Southern California. Shipping an axle isn't something most members are going to want to do.
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik

by mattrustable » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:33 pm

ErikSS wrote:You could try that website again. I found 3 in Pheonix for around $300 each. 2 have 3.42 gears and 1 has 3.73 gears. I don't know your zip code, so I just picked a San Diego zip code based on your Southern California. Shipping an axle isn't something most members are going to want to do.

3 with the 8.6"? What year were they? And what options did you put in when it asked for the ratios? IDK what the difference would be between a 17" wheel and a 18" wheel so I guess I just put in the wrong options. Thanks for the help. BTW I'm a 93555 area code about 4 hours north of San Diego
mattrustable
Cruiser

by mattrustable » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:36 pm

And if I did get an EXT rear would that mean the wheels would stick out a bit? Is it a longer wheel base?
mattrustable
Cruiser

by TBYODA » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:02 pm

mattrustable wrote:And if I did get an EXT rear would that mean the wheels would stick out a bit? Is it a longer wheel base?

No the 8.6 from either a EXT or 5.3L is a bolt in and same width as a 8.0. A EXT is longer from front to back hence the third row seat and larger axle and larger front breaks. Check the listing under the Trailblazer also sometimes they have them listed in wrong area. Give them a call and confirm part and get VIN so you can confirm it.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo

by mattrustable » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Ok I will. Ahhh relief I feel hopeful now and not have to stress about something in the drivetrain going out.
mattrustable
Cruiser

by DustinC1989 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:28 am

I made a post awhile back confirming the 06+ with factory 18" rims also have the 8.6.

In my opinion, the only reason to upgrade would be if you offroad a lot or want a aftermarket locker.
If yout primarily DD it and seldom go offroad, your 8.0 G80 will more than likely be fine... unless you drive like and idiot, then your G80 might not like you and commit suicide.

Just food for thought, could be money better spent elsewhere if it's something you don't drastically need
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin
DriveTrain: 4WD

by mattrustable » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:29 pm

DustinC1989 wrote:I made a post awhile back confirming the 06+ with factory 18" rims also have the 8.6.

In my opinion, the only reason to upgrade would be if you offroad a lot or want a aftermarket locker.
If yout primarily DD it and seldom go offroad, your 8.0 G80 will more than likely be fine... unless you drive like and idiot, then your G80 might not like you and commit suicide.

Just food for thought, could be money better spent elsewhere if it's something you don't drastically need

Yeah I kind of jumped the gun after my 3'' Mark MC lift and threw on 33's BEFORE I knew what gear ratio I had. (3.42) I'm new to this so I honestly didn't know but after research, I got a trans cooler and now getting a rear axle. I want my TB to be my family's and I mini RV to go where ever the hell we want and something to take out with the buddies and show what the usual grocery-getter can do
mattrustable
Cruiser

Return to Classifieds