Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Modded head & tails, paint matching, and parts finder inside

Free location for selling, buying, posting wanted ads, ebay specials, etc.
Forum rules
Please be sure to label your posts subject with the following legend:

FS: You have an item for sale
SOLD: A FS item that has sold
WTB: Want To Buy an item
FREE: You're giving away an item, asking for 'buyer' to cover shipping is fine
EBAY: You found a killer deal on ebay for trailbazer related items (please add a disclaimer if you are selling the item)

Keep items related to our platform of vehicles. No general garage sales allowed.
Please read the "Free Classifieds" thread for full rules on the use of this section.

by MrSmithsTB » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Mr. Smiths Mod Shop is open for business! :cheers: Here to help you guys out, so let me know what I can do for you.

Offering a few services to start out with. We may be off roaders, but anyone with pride in their ride doesn't turn their nose up at the opportunity to look a little better while doing it ;)

Having said that, my initial offerings will be as follows:
Headlight modifications
I'll be doing clear corners and painted housings for all makes and models. Lights are either cut or baked open, and resealed using high grade silicone when modification is complete. I have yet to experience any problems with this method, but I will handle any issues as they were to arise.

I request one week to do the lights, although they take less time in most cases.

I only Accept Paypal, please add 3% to totals upon payment. You are responsible for shipping both ways. Remember, this will affect how long you are without your lights. I do not have donor lights, so this will require you to have a spare set or a ride while your lights are being modified.(I am willing to adjust turnaround time based on the complexity of the work)

Services/Prices as follows:
Basic clear corners $90

Painted with clear corners $110(all basic colors. i.e. white, black, silver)

Colormatched with clear corners $120

Custom painted with clear corners $140(candy or anodized finishes. special effects)

Tinted corners $3 extra

LED mods are in the works.

Tinted tail lights, third brakes lights, and rear reflectors. Will be available in light, medium, and dark tints.
Flat rate of $65+shipping.

All tinting is done using proper preparation and VHT nightshades.

*NOTE* Clear corner lenses and tinted tails are not DOT approved modifications. They may violate state inspection guidelines, and it is understood these are an offroad/show modification only. ;)

Smoothed and painted mirror covers. Painted to match vehicle color.
$50+shipping

Also, I will offer a parts finder service for any of you too busy to go out and do the digging yourself. Craigslist, wrecking yards, etc. Tell me what you need and I will try my best to find it.

Additional Info
*You are responsible for round trip shipping on any item.* I will work with you to find the best shipping options and rates based on your needs. All of these modifications will require you to send the parts to me prior to work being completed, as I do not currently have spare parts in stock. As I build an inventory, I will update the list on this page.

These are all a stepping stones to some larger projects, and most if not all of your business will go towards the funding of things such as plug and play lighting kits(light bars, well lights) and prototyping some "other" ideas.

Now, on to some images of my work to date:

Lights:

Mirrors:

Interior pieces:
Last edited by MrSmithsTB on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by Philberto » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Cool! I was wondering why your name had suddenly turned blue, now I know. I'm looking forward to the lighting mods, but I'm afraid my money is all going to be tied up with armor and comms for now.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by MrSmithsTB » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Hopefully others will share your enthusiasm! :cheers: Think of all the cool off road things I can build once people start jazzin up their rigs. :dj:
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by dirtychevymama » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 am

:coffee2: Sweet Bot!
dirtychevymama
Off-Roader

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Zero » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:05 pm

i have always wanted to color match the inside of my lights. but for a long time thought about getting a decent set of projector housings but have yet to find a style i really like. any recommondations?

now do we have to send you our part for the work? or do you have parts on hand that you modify, send to us, and we ship you back our original part? kinda like a core exchange at pcmforless.

im glad i got to see that center console piece painted. i have wanted to do that since the day i got my truck but always questioned what it looked like in my head. i went to the dealer, and even at my discounted shop cost the new trim part is over $300 CAD :finger: ......so i have been searching local wrecking yards for a decent one.
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 pm

As stated, all parts must be sent to me unless otherwise specified. I don't have any in stock but will start a list and keep it updated as I do. No biggie for the painted parts, but lights will require some down time. I can usually finish lights the day I get them and send them out the next. The rest of the down time is up to the shipping you choose. You can also buy spares and send them to me. Once I start Stocking lights and whatnot, I will do a core exchange in which I mod what I have in stock and send them to you with return shipping to send your stockers back to me.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by Zero » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

awesome news bro. one more question....what kind of paint are you using for the dash pieces?
Zero
Veteran

by MrSmithsTB » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 am

Either using Duplicolor, od getting it mixed at shop if I can't find an exact match. They are also hit with adhesion promoter, primer, and clear. Wetsanded and polished.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by Zero » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 am

damn dude, way to do things the right way first. dont know many people that even know what adhesion promoter is, let alone that use primer before they paint hahahaha.
Zero
Veteran

by irishboy02 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Zero wrote:damn dude, way to do things the right way first. dont know many people that even know what adhesion promoter is, let alone that use primer before they paint hahahaha.

Yeaa, have no fear. Bot knows what hes doing and does great wrk
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by MrSmithsTB » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Not much life in this thread in the past 9 months, huh? I thought all you guys were closet bling junkies :poke:
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

by Zero » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 pm

cash is tight, so I have to be even more strict about buying parts for form and function before looks.
Zero
Veteran

by Philberto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:00 pm

I decided to go herculiner instead of paint matching, so that's where you'll see me soon.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

Return to Classifieds