Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

2004 gmc envoy

Free location for selling, buying, posting wanted ads, ebay specials, etc.
Forum rules
Please be sure to label your posts subject with the following legend:

FS: You have an item for sale
SOLD: A FS item that has sold
WTB: Want To Buy an item
FREE: You're giving away an item, asking for 'buyer' to cover shipping is fine
EBAY: You found a killer deal on ebay for trailbazer related items (please add a disclaimer if you are selling the item)

Keep items related to our platform of vehicles. No general garage sales allowed.
Please read the "Free Classifieds" thread for full rules on the use of this section.

by sburruss7 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:29 pm

My envoy's transmission went out in September that's why I haven't been on in so long. I've been trying to figure out wether to sell it as is or fix the transmission or install a used one. But I'm thinking about selling it as is if anybody is interested in my envoy just shoot me a message all the specs are under the build thread and it has 169000 miles on it. I'm not sure how much it's worth with the transmission messed up I just don't have the money to fix it and I would like to see it go to one of y'all were somebody would enjoy it. Thanks , Steve
sburruss7
Cruiser

Name: steve
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Diacom » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Steve, you should be able to get a reman trans for around $1500 give or take. That and a weekend with a friend or two and you'd have it swapped out. If that won't work for you, G'luck on selling it.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by NC_IslandRunner » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:49 am

My TB goes in the shop today to rebuild the tranny, $900 with transgo shift kit and Corvette servos.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory

by sburruss7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm

That's awesome what shop is doing the work? I could pull the tranny and take it down there cause it will cost a lot to tow the whole truck to NC
sburruss7
Cruiser

Name: steve
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by KingBird » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Actually, Price's transmission on Witchduck in Va Beach does GREAT work if they're closer to you than NC... They rebuilt the 700-R4 in my 'vette. 100,000+ miles later, it's still going strong. I run it regularly at the strip and have participated in several burnout contests. Still pulling hard and shifting firm. I'm contemplating driving 1800 miles one-way to have them rebuild the C6 in the wife's truck...
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370

by NC_IslandRunner » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:58 am

sburruss7 wrote:That's awesome what shop is doing the work? I could pull the tranny and take it down there cause it will cost a lot to tow the whole truck to NC

Not a shop really, guy works from home. A friend gave me his number, has used him before and has had no problems after 2-3 years so far. Only issue was getting in, took a month for him to work me in.

I can ask him about rebuilding your transmission when I pick my truck up next week if you want. Should be less $$ since he won't have to pull it or re-install it for you but you might want to check around you to look for a good deal first, I think AutoZone will sell you a rebuilt transmission for $1300-$1400 that might not be a bad deal when you factor in the gas it takes to get it here and then come pick it up.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory

Return to Classifieds