Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Readylift w/ SMAXX rear spacer

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by tiger87 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 am

I just got my Trailblazer and I'm getting ready to lift it, my question is I am going to install the Readylift kit because my local offroad store carries readylift and will only install readylift so I can't use Marks kit or any other kit, The Readylift kit comes with a 2" bolt on front lift and a 1" rear coil spacer lift. The only picture available of the lift that i could find is from ready lift and it almost looks like the front sits a little higher than the rear. Do you think it would be worth ordering the 1.5" rear spacer from SMAXX (or does Mark sale just a rear 1.5" spacer)? I want my TB to sit almost level or slightly higher in the back. I included a picture from readylift with the lift installed and also a picture of my trailblazer.

tiger87
Cruiser

Name: Blake
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Wed May 19, 2010 10:01 am

They cannot be combined... they both have axle-side spacers. BDS has frame-side spacers, so they can be safely combined with axle-side spacers.

If your ready-lift is installed and it still sits too low in the rear, get Z71 springs.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by tiger87 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:17 am

So I couldn't use the SMAXX 1.5" rear spacer in place of the ready lift 1" spacer?
tiger87
Cruiser

by bartonmd » Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 am

Where are you located?? Could be that somebody is local to you, and could help you put a different lift on, for nothing...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by The Roadie » Wed May 19, 2010 10:27 am

Or an independent mechanic. Members here can also talk to the mechanic and explain any quirks about how to install other kits on the trailblazer platform. Is there any reason you can't work on it yourself or take it to a shop other than the local offroad shop? There's vast possibilities if you can get the parts put in elsewhere. Where do you get your other maintenance done?
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by tiger87 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

I live in Marietta, Georgia. I just moved here for to go to Chiropractic School and I live in an apartment with absolutely no tools or anyway of doing it myself. I went to the 4 Wheel Parts store in Marietta and asked them if they had any experience lifting a Trailblazer and they pretty much ran me out of the store. They said there was no way to lift a trailblazer and when I said well actually theres a few ways to do it and started explaining some of the options they wouldnt even listen and acted like I was crazy. The other place I found is actually in Auburn, Al where I travel to a lot and they said they could install the readylift for $500 but when i asked him about possibly installing another lift (Marks) or putting the Z71 springs and shocks on he once again acted like I was crazy and said he would never do such a thing to his vehicle and so on...
tiger87
Cruiser

by Trail X » Wed May 19, 2010 10:57 am

You can order the parts to your apartment, then bring it to a mechanic... not a off road shop. The install is simple enough for any mechanic to follow.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm

I wish I was just a bit closer or had a free weekend. It can be done in a parking lot. i did mine in my parents driveway in a few hours cause i couldnt wait til I got home. If a shop can do strut replacement, they can do mark's lift.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by rgraboske » Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Try an independant shop. My best frined is a mechanic, and when I showed him the BDS kit he told me he'd done several on full size trucks, but didn't know they were available for our platform.

If you ever get to MI, I can hook you up :D
rgraboske
Trail-Blazer

Name: Rob Graboske
Vehicle Year: 2002

by tiger87 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for the help guys, Im going to ask around here and see if I can find a mechanic to do the install. I'll let you know what I find out. One question, are both the front and rear spacers on Marks kit 2.5"?
tiger87
Cruiser

by OregTrailBlazin » Wed May 19, 2010 3:23 pm

JamesDowning wrote:You can order the parts to your apartment, then bring it to a mechanic... not a off road shop. The install is simple enough for any mechanic to follow.

:Iagree: .. Stay away from the Off-Road shop, they usually have a know it all adittude, and all they know is what they sell, everything else is crap!! At least my experience with most smaller shops. I would check craigs list, there's always mechanics looking for work on there!!
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Regulator1175 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:38 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I wish I was just a bit closer or had a free weekend. It can be done in a parking lot. i did mine in my parents driveway in a few hours cause i couldnt wait til I got home. If a shop can do strut replacement, they can do mark's lift.

I agree, it is a very simple install. I did DJones lift in a parking lot in about 4 hours. If your not comfortable using a spring compressor you can take the entire strut assembly off and take it into a suspension shop and have them put the spacers in. If you don't want to do any of the work, I am sure you can take the entire kit into Midas or someone similar and I am sure they will do the install for you.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

Return to Lifts / Suspension