Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

spindle lift ?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by mike721 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 am

hey i remember a rumor about a spindle lift by smaxx is that still a go or a no go cuz that would be nice
mike721
Cruiser

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:59 am

Nothing on the market. Tooling costs are likely to be a large impediment, but I have no data. I'd love to test prototypes, though, but they would have to come with new control arms as well. And if you're going to do that you might as well design them to fit Tahoe or Tundra coilovers and get rid of our stupid lower strut mount.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Why would it require new control arms?

A spindle lift means the new knuckle's bearing mount would just be closer to the lower ball joint, right?

I doubt we will see anything like this ever on the market. Not due to tooling... (they could do sand casting for low volume without much tooling investment)... but due to the risk involved with manufacturing a new knuckle... we shouldn't see this from a anyone other than a MAJOR supplier that properly tests and designs the product.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

JamesDowning wrote:Why would it require new control arms?

A spindle lift means the new knuckle's bearing mount would just be closer to the lower ball joint, right?

I doubt we will see anything like this ever on the market. Not due to tooling... (they could do sand casting for low volume without much tooling investment)... but due to the risk involved with manufacturing a new knuckle... we shouldn't see this from a anyone other than a MAJOR supplier that properly tests and designs the product.

A company I haven't really thought about is RCD (Race Car Dynamics) They build top of the line when it comes to the 4"-6" kits. They also jumped on the Toyota market 9-10 years ago when it was the same as the Trailblazer market!!.. (My boss was one of the first companies to supply Tacoma lifts, and helped IVD, Daystar, and Powerstop finilize their product)

They may be a company interesting in building a real lift for our truck.. But again it would come down to a serious investor, and I don't know if I would want to contact them just yet, unless we really have someone ready and willing to do it... If not a full lift, I bet at the least I could get them to design a Bilstein 5100 series for it... They are exlusive with Bilstein for the Tacoma shocks they designed.. For some reason they have a lot of pull with Bilstein..
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Lifts / Suspension