Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BODY LIFT/ SPACERS

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by kasper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:31 pm

IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THIS INFO IL ABOUT TO PURCHES SUSPENTION SPACERS THEN A BODY LIFT AND IM TRYING TO FIND OUT ALL POSSIBLE HANG UPS I MAY ENCOUNTER. ANY INFO WILL HELP. :flex dirty:
kasper

Name: Timothy
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:19 pm

It's all here in site tech articles or the forums, or in James's great summary web site http://jd.offroadtb.com/

You have a few hours of reading to do. It's not the nature of this site to explain it over and over again to each new member, although when you've brought yourself up to a certain speed, there are lots of folks ready to answer questions.

But answering questions like:
who makes lift kits, and
how do you install them...
are beyond the charter of the site for the most part. We expect you to read first.

But welcome!

Where do you plan to go offroading, what are the conditions there like, and have you driven a bit offroad before and know what you're getting into?
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:25 pm

With that said, welcome to the site! :finger:
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by kasper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:16 pm

i did look through the site. didnt see anything under the articals or the news sections. i looked through all the active posts and i still didnt see anything. To answer ur questions i have not been offroading in this vehical im just getting started. ill continue to read the post that are up but if any one has any good starting points to focus on first that would be help full.
kasper

by janesy86 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Well its not necessarily going to be in the active topics and certainly not in News... Use the search or check out peoples build threads, which is your best starting point. Look at the rides you like and take notes and go from there. Everything you need is here.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007

by kasper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:33 pm

thank you. please all just remember im new to this i usualy do not do the forum stuff this is my first time. i may ask dumb questions or not no were to look at first just please be dont yell at me .
kasper

by The Roadie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Just gotta ask if you also discovered trailvoy.com yet?

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=48318 has a bunch of lifted truck pictures with a list of how they lifted them. Hundreds of posts to read in the "Offroad" and "Suspension" forums over there.

Offroading is a potentially life threatening and expensive hobby, so you'll find a bit of hazing of noobs on every forum you visit. It's a test - are you TOUGH ENOUGH to go through with it and enjoy the hobby. There's less hazing here than on pirate4x4.com, for instance, but more than on trailvoy.com.

As a first timer, you might fit in a bit better at trailvoy.com, that's all. If you're new to forums, you definitely need to read more and post less for a while as you get up to speed. Best way to understand what an on-line community already has going for a culture before jumping in with both feet.
The Roadie
Founder

by Philberto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:15 pm

:Iagree:
I would also recommend a healthy dose of SPELL CHECK.

Philberto
Lifer

by kasper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Y DO U HAVE TO BE A DICK IF U HAVE NOTHING HELP FULL TO SAY THEN SAY NOTHING!! :finger:
kasper

by Philberto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:43 pm

I am being helpful. A healthy dose of spellcheck and proper grammar will get you a much better response on this site than shouting and lack of punctuation. That attitude won't get you far here, but what do I know? Anyways, back on topic... Body lifts can be had from BDS or MarkMC. Max available is 3". Good day, sir.
Philberto
Lifer

by The Roadie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

kasper wrote:Y DO U HAVE TO BE A DICK IF U HAVE NOTHING HELP FULL TO SAY THEN SAY NOTHING!! :finger:
You SURE this is your first time in forums? Think of us like a new neighborhood you've just moved into, and you're going to the first block party and you don't know what the neighbors are like but you want to fit in.

Do you go in slightly overdressed for the occasion, with Dockers and a button shirt to try to make a good first impression?

Or do you go in with a pair of jeans you just worked on your car with, with holes, grease, and a torn t-shirt with "I WANNA SCREW ALL YOUR DAUGHTERS!" printed on it?

Forums are a community where you find folks have been living in them for a while. We congregate here for our own amusement and education and sharing, and didn't pop into existence yesterday to satisfy anyone's Google-driven curiosity today. If you had spent more than 5 minutes reading as I hinted you should do, you'd know that this is a mostly polite community where most folks use normal English capitalization, spelling, and punctuation. It's a thing we like about this neighborhood, which was set up by the owners IN PART to combat the lack of standards being practiced elsewhere.

You are being strongly hinted at that questions that are easier to read get answered first, when volunteers are scanning new posts. TAKE THE HINT. Is it so difficult to use our shared language?

But they'd probably LOVE your questions over in that dodgy trailvoy.com neighborhood. :coffee:
The Roadie
Founder

Return to Lifts / Suspension