Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Lift options

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by 05ext » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 am

So I’ve been looking at lifts and found some people do not like the heavy metal suspension lift. Even saw someone refer to it and the “death lift”. What is wrong with this kit? It seems to be a very simple strut extension and spring spacer. Anyone have any insight as to why this kit is so bad?
05ext

Name: Corey
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by 06denaliman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 pm

This platform doesnt respond well to that type of lift. If it was a 2wd that lift would likely be perfect but if 4wd you get binding and such. It puts wierd angles and all with it. All other lifts for this platform are either you disassemble strut and install spacer in spring and put back together or you get the adjustable lift shocks like the 5100’s. If your 2wd you can get away with the strut extension lifts. Even some with 4wd have used them with good luck but every vehicle is different (slightly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Simply search Death Lift on here and it is explained very well.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by PROSPHOTO » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 pm

I installed a BDS kit with new rear shocks, rear Tahoe springs and new front Bilstein HD struts a few years ago and love it.
-Mike
PROSPHOTO

Name: Michael
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by anderzon087 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:02 pm

05ext, it also depends from kits, that you use on daily basis. Long road survival kit is one of the most important things you have to consider taking with you in any trip. The last time, two months ago, when I was going in a long trip to Arizona, my friend recommended this one (over here: https://carinmydna.com/best-jeep-lift-kit-for-highway-driving/) awesome kit, that helped me couple of times during that journey.
anderzon087

Name: Anderson
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm

WOW. I have done several lift kits on JK and at least one the recommend is a HELL NO do not use kit and the rest are budget boost, not anything you really want to count on. Those are true mall crawler shit lifts.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Lifts / Suspension