Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Quick Question on Current Lift Options Out There

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by wet13827 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:08 pm

First post, and I am a total Trailblazer noob. Just bought a 2006 TB 4wd a couple weeks ago, after a drunk driver crashed into my 4runner and totaled it. I decided i would go back to Chevrolet, and found this really nice-for-the-price TB on craigslist. 100k miles, only paid 3600 dollars for it, which was perfect because insurance gave me exactly 3600 for my 200k mile 4runner with major issues. It was already on the way out.

I know this info may already be on the forum, but I have looked and looked and found very little info. I know the go-to setup a long time ago was usually the MarkMC lifts, or the MDS lift, but it appears that both of those are no longer available, or at least hard to find. What I am now looking at is either one of the Supreme suspension lifts on Amazon, or the Rough Country lift. Only problem is it looks like the rough country is only 2 inches front (I want 3), and the Amazon lift kits dont really look right to me. The ones with good reviews dont look like other systems, as in the front spacer doesnt seem to bolt to anything. Its just a hockey puck looking thing of metal. Does that still work? (here is the Supreme lift: https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Suspensi ... r=8-6&th=1)

Any pointers here would be awesome, even if its to another thread. If anyone knows if MarkMC can still make a 3 inch front lift, or if anyone has a 3 inch front lift they dont want or need anymore, I would be willing to buy it and pay the shipping. Otherwise, if i can do the 3inch front/1inch rear Amazon kit, I will. Just want to make sure the thing wont fall apart going down the highway.

One last thought, I did see some front spacers that bolt in on amazon, but the reviews are very mixed. Some say it lifts the front 6 inches and instantly destroys your CVs, while other say that it works perfectly. I would chalk this up to lack of knowledge on the installers part, and inconsistency from the manufacturer, but either way it seems like a gamble. Here: https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Metal-Susp ... way&sr=8-7
wet13827
Cruiser

Name: William Edward Thornton
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Diacom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:01 pm

William,

2" will let you add larger tires, view viewtopic.php?f=78&t=78 as JD originally had a 2" lift. If you need more after that you can look to do a body lift to give additional tire clearance.

Go through the forums and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info about which lift types to avoid. I know I have read them at least once myself. Though I would avoid the Heavy Metal lift. The info on the feedback saying to avoid this lift due to CV issues, well, you'll probably want to take into consideration you already have 100k on your CV's now. You are most likely to need new ones in the not to distant future no matter what size of lift you put on possibly. But as a rule, 3" is the max and even that can be an issue depending on the CV brand you get as has also been discussed in the forms here.

Good Luck on what you research and decide.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Buy the Supreme Suspension 3 inch kit from amazon or ebay. It is a direct copy of marks kit most of us used for years.

the heavuy metal is a "death lift" run away.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by wet13827 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks guys, I was leaning towards the 3 inch Supreme, but wanted to make sure it was legit before pulling the trigger. I wish Mark was still in business, as I would love to pay him for the lift, but if the Supreme is a copy I guess that will do. I will avoid the heavy metal lift, the comments make it seem to mostly be for 2wd trucks anyways.

I think I will be doing new UCAs and new CVs while I am in there doing the front lift, since it will all be taken apart at the same time anyways. That way I can go abuse it on the trails and not stress about breaking a CV and having to replace it in the mud.
wet13827
Cruiser

by TheHungriGerman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 pm

So I my tb had the 3 inch lift in the front I took the spacers out of the back when I put in z71 springs since the compress rate was lower and ended up lifting it too much in the back. Also I went with Detroit cv axles and whee hubs. I never had a issue but I basically needed to cut out my entire whee wheel to make the 35 in dick cepek fit.
TheHungriGerman

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2002

by wet13827 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks German, thats what I was thinking too. I will probably do the 3 inch front lift, and just the Z71 springs in the rear. Im also going to run the Skyjacker rear shocks. Everything is already ordered, just need to install it in early August.

I think for wheels I will go with the some 16 inches like OEM size, and just run 31s or 32s. I dont mind cutting the fenders, but I am still on the stock diff ratios, so i dont want to go too big yet. Maybe later ill run 33s if i can get some 4.10 gears or something.
wet13827
Cruiser

by chevyboy00 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:22 pm

I have the heavy metal lift on my 4wd trailblazer and I have had no issues with it for the past 2 years I have had it installed. It didn't cause any binding or problems with my suspension, but it didn't lift it 3 inches exactly; it was a little less. Just Thought I'd put in my two cents as I have this lift and have nothing bad to say from a quality and performance stand point.
chevyboy00

Name: Zachary Kepler
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Smartin11 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 am

Look into the lift shocks as well!
Smartin11
Cruiser

Name: Sean
Vehicle Year: 2003

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 am

You mean the junk shocks with springs on them?
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by 06denaliman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 pm

I think he may be talking about the 5100’s? Those are the ones ive been considering but leaning more towards just the supreme suspension lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 am

5100s dont have springs...
HARDTRAILZ

by 06denaliman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 am

Well true i just thought he was mentioning the shocks themselves( or strut cartridges) but yes they dont come with anything else lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

Return to Lifts / Suspension